Finally moved my hanging points closer to the ridge pole attachment points a few days ago. Almost now bowing now.
It was tough to get a pic of myself...utilized a nearby mirror!
For the "stoppers" I ended up using two larger zip ties zipped around the pole, wrapped in duct tape. Didn't have any inner tubes. Seems to be a good solution for now to keep the suspensiong from creeping in - no movement all night.
I discovered (when setting up this time) that my setup fits nicely in our guest bedroom and hangs just high enough where I have 2" between the lowest point of the hammock and the bed below me. I can get in the hammock from the bed and now if there was any failure it'd be a nice soft landing.