Dream Hammocks Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear, KAQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles baby

Red face Half night of firsts

Last night was a half night of firsts. I'd decided to treat myself to a Christmas present of a WBBB. It arrived before the holiday, but our lives had been too nutty to find a time to get away and try it out. I'd also picked up some Dutch bling...Stingers and Clips. Again, no opportunity to try them out. Finally broke down and ordered a top quilt...Hammock Gear 20 degree burrow, overstuffed. When the Burrow arrived on Friday, I was pretty excited to try it out.

Fortunately, we had a parting of the plans this weekend. Three different activities ended up getting canceled at the last minute. I didn't have a chance to get away, but had Sat night to try a test hang with all this new gear.

Temps were supposed to get into the 30's here overnight. It was cool and rainy during the day and overnight. Tarp had regular dripping happening.

Got myself set up and comfy in the back yard. Things were feeling pretty good. Had some issues with the under quilt staying in place...kept slipping under my shoulders to one side. Of course, once I got into the hammock and top quilt, I didn't want to get out and rearrange things....I was comfy! I was tired! I wanted to SLEEP! Lesson learned. Fix stuff before you get settled. I kept having the under quilt slip under one shoulder. That shoulder ended up getting cold, I'd wake up, rearrange, get back to sleep. Lather rinse repeat. At 2am, I woke again with a cold shoulder and a need to pee. at that point, I bailed and came inside.

So, it was a half night of firsts... First half night with Dutch bling, first half night in the WBBB, first half night with the top quilt.

Initial impressions?
    Dutch makes some nifty gear. In fact, I just placed an order for some UQ bling to avaoid a repeat performance of the UQ slipping!

The WBBB is comfy! Can't wait to get more time with it.

The Hammock Gear top quilt was fabulous! I was toasty and warm, without struggling to get in and out of the thing the way I had previously when using a sleeping bag. Definitely an improvement!

Hoping next weekend things will settle down a bit so I can have another test run. Looking forward to getting things totally dialed in!

Bruce

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Half night of firsts

For a temporary fix until your dutch bling arrives... Try binder clips to hold your quilt in place... You know the big black ones with the silver handles... They work well for holding a quilt in place until your dutch stuff arrives...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear, KAQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles baby
    Hey Brute. Thanks for the idea. I'd actually tried using binder clips in the past and did not have success keeping them clipped to both the UQ and hammock body. Some stayed in place, others didn't. Since the UQ slipping seems to be happening to me regularly, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong with the UQ setup! Will investigate in the daylight...after getting some chores done....and will need to test it out, just to make sure.

Bruce

• + New Posts