Cinch Buckles with a carabiner?

My hammock came with a pretty basic rope attached to the end with a carabiner that I'd like to keep using. I'm looking at getting the cinch buckles (along with tree straps) and am wondering if it will work simply clipping the carabiner into the cinch buckle to attach it instead of getting a continuous loop to go with it.

Additionally, how will it work just putting my webbing through the loop at the end of the tree straps instead of using the Dutch Clips? I'm looking to keep my setup fairly cheap right now and certainly plan to get one at a later time, but it seems like this will work for a while (though be less convenient without a doubt).

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Threading your strap around a tree and back through the loop at the end is a perfectly acceptable method of anchoring. Personally, I'd go with a continuous loop on the cinch buckle...not a lot of room on the buckle to attach a biner.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    11.5' RBTR 1.0 HyperD Brown
    Tarp
    11' RBTR SilplyHex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/MultiBckle
    I'll second hiker boy on using the loop. Even if it does fit, the biner will tend toward one of the corners and force the buckle to sit lopsided

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    As long as you're careful not to snag the fabric, one good use for a decent carabiner that works with most of the super lightweight hammocks is to just gather all the fabric right at the center of the hammock in your fist, slip a carabiner around it all and clip it to your ridgeline. It keeps the hammock out of the way when you're not in it, and it keeps it from flapping in the breeze.
    You end up with a deep "bag" on each side that are great for keeping your nighttime stuff out of the way during the daytime.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    I use cinxh buckles and biners. All on one strap. The biners are on one end and go 'round the tree back to the strap. The buckles are attached to the hammock with an amsteel loop through the channel. All items stay together, nothing ever to tie, untie or get left on the tree. If needed though, i can unthread the strap from the buckle to keep it separate like if it gets soaking wet.
    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service
    My Trail log: http://ducttapeadk.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    I have used the warbonnet cinch buckles just by clipping a carabiner to them. Have never tried that with Dutch's cinch buckles. Don't see why it would not work with the Ti buckles.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6calpal6 View Post
    I'll second hiker boy on using the loop. Even if it does fit, the biner will tend toward one of the corners and force the buckle to sit lopsided
    I used the nylon work belts that my job gives out as tree straps for a few years. It's a clip solute buckle but , they're designed to be size adjustable, using a cinch buckle that slides up and down the length making it longer or shorter. I didn't attach to the buckle, instead I made a loop with the buckle and passed one end of the belt through the loop and used the clip on the end to pass through a loop on the end of the hammocks gathered end cordage, like a giant shirt button, to support each end of the hammock. The "hardware" on the bells were all plastic

• + New Posts