I just got back from a local trip to the Belk Scout camp here in NC. It was a cold and raining start and ended with warm and sunny. On Friday it had been raining all day and didn't stop until Sat at 2. The temp was just under 40 most of Friday and never over 45 an Sat.

I wish I would have taken pictures, but being a Dad, Cubmaster, so-called camping expert, nice guy, setting up in the rain, having to clean up most of everything because a lot of people left... well I just either forgot or just to lazy.

Well my new kelty Noah 16' worked like a charm. I wish I could have set it up after my hammocks so I could have gaged how much room I needed. Either way it kept me dry and all my gear very well. I stacked it directly to the ground on the inside tie outs and tried to use the doors. Because I did not have it high up enough I was left with a few feet or less on each side. Again this is how we learn. The good news is I now know how I am going to rig it up with my zing it. I actually used some figure nines and tied a few good knots. So now I have an idea how I want it all to go I am set for the uwharries.

I set up my sons BMBH on bottom and my Bias Camper on top. I had him about 2-3 inches off the ground( with him in it) and I started completely clear from him. The first night he wanted me facing the same way as him ( which was not my first choice and not how I had set up). It was fine when we got in but as the rainy night went on my nylon webbing stretched enough that we were touching( also one of my MSH pulled to my doggle which was a sturdy tri tent stack). I have one set of nylon and one poly and what I should have done was use both poly for mine. The second night I fixed my MSH and switched to laying in opposite directions. Because I had it set up that way it worked out perfectly. The only time he touched me was when he lifted his feet.

I also took an old sleeping back and pulled some of the stitching out down near the zipper. I then put the bag around the hammock and rezipped it. I then was able to pull the bag down towards my head and I think I invented something. Almost like a... can't think of a good word, well lets just call it an underquilt or maybe you could say I was all wrapped up like a pea pod. this worked almost perfectly. I didnt leave it pulled all the way up. It mainly covered me from the under arms area down. I then also had a mummy bag that my feet were in pulled up to my face. The only whole I had was my back. I took my army CFP and slide it down to cover my back. from there everything worked like a charm. the only adjusting I did all night was whether I had my face covered.

The last thing I did was to tie out the head end of my sons BMBH. he can flip flop a bunch and I didn't want him to tip. He was only a few inches off the ground I wasn't worried about him getting hurt, just getting all his stuff wet and or muddy. This worked very well. Just wondering if anyone else does that for there bridges.