Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hammock Life View Post
    Never thought as using it as an UQ, great idea. Thanks for that info.....
    Just want to make sure that you understand I'm talking about the Prodigy and not the Revelation. I was a bit OT mentioning the Prodigy in your post looking for input on the Revelation. I'm not sure if the Revelation can be used as a UQ, but the Prodigy can be. It was a selling point for me, and if the quality of workmanship and delivery on performance promises of my Prodigy is any indication of enLIGHTened Equipment's products, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

Thoughts on enLIGHTened Equipment Revelation X 20*

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Just want to make sure that you understand I'm talking about the Prodigy and not the Revelation. I was a bit OT mentioning the Prodigy in your post looking for input on the Revelation. I'm not sure if the Revelation can be used as a UQ, but the Prodigy can be. It was a selling point for me, and if the quality of workmanship and delivery on performance promises of my Prodigy is any indication of enLIGHTened Equipment's products, you can't go wrong with any of them.
    In respect to using the TQ from ELE as UQ, what does the Prodigy have that the Revelation does not, so it can be converted into an UQ?
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    Dream Hammocks
    Tarp
    Hg Cf hex and OMW
    Insulation
    Revolt & RevX T/Q
    Suspension
    7/64 Whoopies

Thoughts on enLIGHTened Equipment Revelation X 20*

I haven't used it as an underquilt but I've strung it up to show my son that it could be done.

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    I bought a 20* Rev X with a 20% overfill last summer, in my experience the quilt is very well made and has performed well - used it along with a fleece liner to 3* at the NJ Winter hang and was very warm.
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hammock Life View Post
    In respect to using the TQ from ELE as UQ, what does the Prodigy have that the Revelation does not, so it can be converted into an UQ?
    I can't speak to the Revelation (whats up with EE's website?), but the Prodigy has shock corded channels on both ends and loops down the length. As a quilt the shock cord is used to draw up the foot box tightly, or open a bit for ventilation and the loops can be used with cord to help hold it around you. If the Revelation is similarly constructed, then it will be able to do the same kind of double duty.

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    I can't speak to the Revelation (whats up with EE's website?), but the Prodigy has shock corded channels on both ends and loops down the length. As a quilt the shock cord is used to draw up the foot box tightly, or open a bit for ventilation and the loops can be used with cord to help hold it around you. If the Revelation is similarly constructed, then it will be able to do the same kind of double duty.
    Thats good stuff, I hope I can hit a member hang with someone that has one so I can check it out.....
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot View Post
    I bought a 20* Rev X with a 20% overfill last summer, in my experience the quilt is very well made and has performed well - used it along with a fleece liner to 3* at the NJ Winter hang and was very warm.
    Nice, thats good a temp to test.....

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    I too have the 20° RevX with 20% overfill. I'm very satisfied with it's build quality and with its performance. Coldest I've slept using it was 14° (I had on some extra clothing layers as well) and got a good nights sleep. It works for me, however I'm considering getting another topquilt for warmer weather. The 20° rated RevX can be a bit too warm in balmier weather.
    Hangin' round beats on the ground...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bob

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    I have a few quilts from EE and have been really pleased with their performance and the workmanship. The only complaints I ever heard had to do with the warmth rating in the Revelation series due to the spacing of the baffles. If the quilt was only stuffed for say 40*, then the down would shift off the highest point, like the user's hip or chest. Higher fill volume forced more of the down to stay put so the warmer versions weren't affected. The baffle spaces are smaller on the new quilts to address that issue.

The Revelation is very similar in build to the Prodigy, it's just a matter of fill. The Revelation series is down with Karo step baffles. The Prodigy is done with Climashield. If you have any trouble with the quilt you choose, Tim will do right by you and make you one that will suit your needs. All of my quilts have shipped on the day I was quoted when I purchased them. Nothing bad to say about EE.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Flat Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Down Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

EE Quilts

I haven't been lucky enough to own one of these quilts yet, but from what I can see on BPL Tim Marshall is about the best there is when it comes to taking care of his customers

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast