Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: mini line lok!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windsor, Ont
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    lambskin rugs/pluq
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Posts
    112

    Thumbs up mini line lok!!

    yay i finally received my mini line loks ... now i just have to wait till Thursday to get some braided masons line to re do my tarp guy lines

    it took like a month and a half to get to me but thats the postal services fault

  2. #2
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,376
    Images
    1
    Have a few of those myself - like using them with my tarps (connected to a loop of shockcord). Have fun with those (though not sure how well braided mason's line will work for you). I have used dacron kite-flying cord (nice and cheap) and its worked out great! No-tangle line (the orange glo) works great as well but neither are spliceable.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windsor, Ont
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    lambskin rugs/pluq
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Have a few of those myself - like using them with my tarps (connected to a loop of shockcord). Have fun with those (though not sure how well braided mason's line will work for you). I have used dacron kite-flying cord (nice and cheap) and its worked out great! No-tangle line (the orange glo) works great as well but neither are spliceable.

    thats why im going to try the braided masons line so i can make a fixed loop that goes around the tent stake

  4. #4
    mbiraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Kootenays,BC,Canada
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Posts
    4,577
    Images
    7
    What size do you guys find works best. I was looking on the store and noticed two sizes. I mostly use no-tangle but also some Mmmm tech line from DIYGear.

    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

    “The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

    www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

  5. #5
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,376
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    What size do you guys find works best. I was looking on the store and noticed two sizes. I mostly use no-tangle but also some Mmmm tech line from DIYGear.

    bill
    Hey Bill,

    Cannot seem to open the store but I believe they are actually titled Mini-Loks. They tend to hold a 2mm cord quite well with little to no slippage. I find small hollow core cords tend not to hold as well. For me no-tangle is the limit.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tjalling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Haarlem, The Netherlands
    Hammock
    WBBB1.7 dbl,
    Tarp
    OES DL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    134
    Images
    13
    Mini line locks work with the tiniest of cords. I love them. Forget prusicks and other knost. The bigger type will handle shockcord and paracord with no problem.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Roadrunnr72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Milford, Va.
    Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Posts
    2,387
    Images
    210
    I am using them with 1.75 zing-it, but I am not sure that the mason line will work, as it is so small. Let us know how it does, please........RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals


  8. #8
    dragon360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Posts
    6,376
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I am using them with 1.75 zing-it, but I am not sure that the mason line will work, as it is so small. Let us know how it does, please........RR
    Are you finding a good lock with the zing-it RR?
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

    Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

  9. #9
    Senior Member Roadrunnr72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Milford, Va.
    Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Posts
    2,387
    Images
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Are you finding a good lock with the zing-it RR?
    I have only had problems with one loc. I had my SF set up inside out, sealing the panel pulls, with high wind. I think the cord slipped, and damaged the loc. It wouldn't hold after that. I replaced it, and have had no other problems. I used the SF a couple of weeks ago, in high wind, but with the panel pulls, and had no problems. I also have them on my TadPole, and again no problems. So, yes, I think I'm having good luck with the locs, and zing-it.......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Hammock
    10.5 ft DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    leighlo20*UQ&slpbg
    Suspension
    slings w/marlin sp
    Posts
    145
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    I have only had problems with one loc. I had my SF set up inside out, sealing the panel pulls, with high wind. I think the cord slipped, and damaged the loc. It wouldn't hold after that. I replaced it, and have had no other problems. I used the SF a couple of weeks ago, in high wind, but with the panel pulls, and had no problems. I also have them on my TadPole, and again no problems. So, yes, I think I'm having good luck with the locs, and zing-it.......RR
    I'm fairly surprised by this. I was really excited to use this with my SF and 1.75 zing it guy outs, but every one of them slipped under moderate pressure.

    Maybe I did something wrong...

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for mini line loks and mini carabiner.
    By Hangandy in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 01:34
  2. Mini Line-Lock Guy Line Tensioners On Sale
    By Mountainfitter in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 15:46
  3. Mini Line Locks
    By SC_Dave in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 20:59
  4. Mini line lok
    By koffar in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 15:34
  5. Need some Mini Line-Lok Help!!
    By Roadrunnr72 in forum Weather Protection
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 20:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •