Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Insulhammock / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap

Pricing used equipment

I have a North American that has never been hung over night. It looks like most want the newer models and I'm curious as to what mine is worth. I apologize if I have violated any rules for asking this sort of question.

Images
    i buy pre-owned stuff now and then and the value is in direct proportion to how much i need or want it. take a guess and try to sell it somewhere. start high.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    IMHO its always hard pricing used gear and their is really no clear answer. One thing you can do is go into the for sale section and see if any North American Hammocks have been sold lately and for how much. That often times is how I base how much I sell used gear for. However, ultimately I base it off of how much it worth to me and how much some one is willing to pay for it. However, market does determine ultimate value,

However on a side note, before you sell your North American here on HF check out the terms of service, I believe their is a 50 post minimum before posting something for sale in the for sale section.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap
    I saw the limit on posts an additional reason that I donated money to the site so folks don't think I'm a crook! I have learned a ton from this site and prefer to read/listen and become educated by others' hard knocks instead of my on dented head.

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Not directly apples to apples, but I bought an NX250 from the forums for $300

Images
    Simply put...whatever someone is willing to pay for it. That will be influenced by time of year, purchasers experience level and other hammocks for sale at the time...

swank

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Flat Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Down Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    two trees, Like yourself, I am new to this whole forum thing with HF and BPL. However, the knowledge I have gained far outweighs the ability to sell gear. However, I will say that selling gear is interesting. I have put somethings up on BPL with no responses. Then some time later or earlier I will see the same stuff sell very quickly. I think it is all about hitting it just right with a reasonable price when people are looking. It can be fun sometimes.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I have asked this exact question about clark products. I tried asking for some values and when stuff would get sold I tried to ask for selling prices. I understand why people hold back, but I wish after something was sold they would leave the price up. Clark is my dream hammock. I won't be able to afford one for some time, but hoped maybe used ones were closer to my reach.

I hold true to the comment that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Start high and see if you get an offer. And then bump with lower prices. Stop when you feel its not worth selling. Hope for the best.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap
    Thanks for all the advice. I hope to make some of the hangs that are close to East TN. Nothing better than hands on!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrees View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I hope to make some of the hangs that are close to East TN. Nothing better than hands on!
    especially hand on inside a clark.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast