Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    The other issue I see is modifications made to gear. I see them usually as a detriment as the item is no longer what the maker made so I am no longer interested in it. The trap I see is folks buying gear, spending a bundle changing it then wanting to sell it for close to what they have into it. Sometimes it works. Often it does not. Just something to consider.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I have always looked at buying used gear for half of what it sells for new. Then, depending on how much I really want it I may go up a little more. At some point there comes the threshold that if I am paying close to 75% of its new value, I would prefer to just get a new one. When I sell things, I will typically aim for about 65-70% of the new value and plan to negotiate from there. Pending condition of gear, price could be lower... Good luck.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I have always looked at buying used gear for half of what it sells for new. Then, depending on how much I really want it I may go up a little more. At some point there comes the threshold that if I am paying close to 75% of its new value, I would prefer to just get a new one. When I sell things, I will typically aim for about 65-70% of the new value and plan to negotiate from there. Pending condition of gear, price could be lower... Good luck.
    Plus 1.....

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    My 8' long Clark(s) didn't become shorter or less comfortable with age or use. Same as with software / apps that work and do the job they were supposed to do.

For estimating a good asking price, should you wish to sell anyway: Search past sales here, and at ebay. Because your North American (NA) is different than others with the same make and model, I'd expect of you as a real community member that you describe what you are selling so well that a buyer doesn't by reasonable default believe she is getting something other than what you are offering.

No apologies for the previous sentence. It parses / computes. Yes, you are right that Clark lengths have changed. So have the sizes and designs of the excellent tarps / rain flys included as part of the Clark package.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 03-05-2013 at 20:22.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    I would just post the pictures with a description and list it as Best Offer. Then you can put down the offers given and have a bid off.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12