Superfly
    Insulation
    Pad :(
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

Re: My new camo Superfly!!!

Nice one.
    Looks really good. Lemme know how that mason line holds up.
    Mine has left San Francisco and is heading my way.
    Cant wait

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Some pics of my new Super Fly.

Well, after a stressful week at work and a few nights of browsing the forums for guy line ideas, I finally hung my new Super Fly. I settled on braided mason line with a bowline hitch in one end. The bowline is girth hitched to the tie outs like in Warbonnet's video, but at the stake I will be tying a taut line hitch to take up slack (today I used the 3-1 method as the video shows to speed up the set up). I have also secured some 100 stretch shock cord that will eventually be my tensioners. I would have loved to accomplish this task today, but it is just too windy (gusts to about eighty km per hour) and I can't keep this beast at bay. I did however notice a small tear in the fabric about 3 mm across at one of the tie outs. Does anyone have some advice on how to fix this hole, I mean it would be a shame to wreck this tarp on the third deploy because of a problem that could have been fixed. I don't know how this tear got there and it is unfortunate. Anyways, more pics on the way and I hope someone can help my hole issue. Thanks!!!

The Warbonnet SuperFly without side pullouts deployed. See my cat Tac, she likes to hang with me.

Got the doors closed up

My Pink Guylines

My scavenged skins. I took them off the HH and put them on the SF. For my HH I will use a black bishop bag now.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Hey Brute, thanks for posting the pics. The tarp is looking sweet. I think the superfly worship on the forum here has convinced me to get one. I'm looking forward to retiring the Noah 12 and enjoying the warbonnet ways.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Brute thanks for your post. I had not really thought much about the camo tarp but this is making me consider it and the pole mod. Do you have any close up pictures of how you connect the guy lines to the tarp? Curious to how you are using the mini line loks.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: My new camo Superfly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotone View Post
    Brute thanks for your post. I had not really thought much about the camo tarp but this is making me consider it and the pole mod. Do you have any close up pictures of how you connect the guy lines to the tarp? Curious to how you are using the mini line loks.
    If you see the post I have of the shock cord attached for the doors. That is the identical that I have for the pull outs except 1.75 Zingit instead of the shock cord. It is a small continuous loop, larksheaded onto the mini line lock, and then that gets larksheaded onto the pull out... It is simple and easy... I sat down one night on night shift and made 15-20 little continuous loops and just use them here and there for various... I liked the fact that if a line lock broke, or got stripped I could just take one off a door and be back in service. I can deal with a flappy door for a night, but would still have a staked out tarp..
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456