Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LFCRed View Post
    I saw that in Tractor Supply but I was worried about potential smell because it contains petroleum distillates.

Does it have a smell to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    I have some of the same stuff from Tractor Supply, but have not used it yet. Wondering what others experience is with this, does it leave any residue of the other distillates after it dries?
    Yes, and Yes. Of course, it depends on your sense of smell and tolerance for smells. But the TSC stuff I bought had a definite smell. Not so bothersome on socks, perhaps, but I wouldn't want it on my t-shirt ... or my hammock ... as I tried to sleep at night.

Just my experience. YMMV. I learned to purchase the stuff for in-home use. It almost is "odorless" as the label says.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images

Re: Where do you buy your permethrin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Yes, and Yes. Of course, it depends on your sense of smell and tolerance for smells. But the TSC stuff I bought had a definite smell. Not so bothersome on socks, perhaps, but I wouldn't want it on my t-shirt ... or my hammock ... as I tried to sleep at night.

Just my experience. YMMV. I learned to purchase the stuff for in-home use. It almost is "odorless" as the label says.

Rain Man

This is what I found out too. I ended up using the TSC stuff on my socks/pants and Sawyer on my shirt and buff.

Only stuff I have used is Sawyer's brand, and never had an issue with anything that has been sprayed. Gotten from a multitude of sporting good and outdoor stores near me.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies & toggles

Where do you buy your permethrin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

Rain Man

All good points, my smeller probably isn't as sensitive as some! I have also used Sawyers with good results also, it's just WAY more costly.
    I haven't used either product on my hammock stuff yet, just clothing. The bed n bath stuff sounds interesting.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    May have been mentioned before, but the Sawyers brand is now available at Wal-Mart for $9.88/spray bottle.

That's enough to treat two hammocks, and two complete sets of clothing to include the outside of our hats (not the inside or sweatband!).

And given that it's readily available at Wally-world has made it much easier for me to buy/use.

Just my thoughts.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Web
    Tractor Supply sells 10% 8oz for 7.00, I cut it with water 20 to1 so it makes a gallon and a half, last long time and works great.

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    You can also find the Bonide stuff at places other than Bath Bed and Beyond. They have a dealer search on their website if I remember right. Then bedbug killer is what you want.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

I am thinking about getting the Tractor Supply stuff. How much odor is there really?? I'm used go the military stuff that has no odor. I don't mind if it's really faint, as I'm not sensitive to smells or anything. However, I don't want to regret treating all my stuff if it smells bad.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    I am thinking about getting the Tractor Supply stuff. How much odor is there really?? I'm used go the military stuff that has no odor. I don't mind if it's really faint, as I'm not sensitive to smells or anything. However, I don't want to regret treating all my stuff if it smells bad.
    I've used the Tractor Supply product (10% solution) that I dilute 20:1 to get to the desired 1/2% solution. Once dry, there is no odor, at least none that I can smell.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Ok, thanks!!! I have been waiting on my Army Navy to get in the military soak, but they are having issues with their supplier. I think I am going to try the Tractor Supply stuff...and split it with some of my friends. That bottle should last a really long time!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast