Dutch netless Robic 1.2 xl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    EE Enigma 30
    Suspension
    hammock anchor

Dangerbird vs WBBB XLC

Thoughts on comparing these two models? To me, the netting/cover system of the Dangerbird seems a little more straightforward, but does the foot box of the WBBB allow for a flatter lay for a 6'3" guy? Or would the width of a DB72 sove that? Any experience by tall guys would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    The good news is that you won't go wrong with either. Both are very comfy, well made and produced by two of my favorite cottage vendors.

I'm 5'11" and I've laid in both and have to say that I personally find the WBBB XLC to be slightly more comfortable. The footbox adds that touch I need to bring it over the top. Both are great, though, and I'd be happy with either.

While the BB is more comfortable, I REALLY like the features on the Dangerbird. The tie-outs along the perimeter, the bug net and overcover choices (without having to remove one or the other) and the ridgeline organizer, which I prefer over the BB shelf, are all better than those on the BB.

So, if I had to choose just one, I'd go with the WBBB, just because it's more comfortable for me. If comfort were 100% equal, I'd probably go with the Dangerbird due to the features.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

No idear but two of the biggest differences are the DB has a dual bugnet-weathershield, as in you employ both where as the XLC is one or the other.

the XLC also has a gear shelf that the DB doesn't. Edit* scratch that, because of the full zippered bugnet the gear shelf had to come off.

I'm an average sized person with no personal experience with either though so I can speak to the comfortability of one or the other.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    the XLC also has a gear shelf that the DB doesn't. Edit* scratch that, because of the full zippered bugnet the gear shelf had to come off.
    The XLC still has the shelf. The only time it doesn't is if you zip off the bug net and overcover, not using either (in traveler/topless mode). Once you zip on the net or the overcover, the shelf comes along for the ride.
    Brian
    Denver, CO

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Another thing to consider is which fabric do you think is more comfortable. The db uses the table cloth fabric that stretches some while the wbbb xlc uses ripstop.

Hammock
    DB72, DIY tablecloth, Kammok
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Dutch
    I'm 6'5" 250 lb, and I have a DB72. I can get a really flat lay - raising the foot end by 6" or 9" makes it even better.

I have read about the problems people have with calf ridge in smaller hammocks, and I have to try hard to even start to feel a ridge form in this hammock.

To help compensate for the DB's lack of a shelf, I had PapaSmurf put a second ridgeline organizer on mine.

I haven't had the chance to lay in an XLC (yet).

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Another thing to consider is which fabric do you think is more comfortable. The db uses the table cloth fabric that stretches some while the wbbb xlc uses ripstop.
    Oohhh, that's a good point. If you have a really specific fabric preference, that's a definite nod toward the Dangerbird. Love all the choices there.
    Brian
    Denver, CO

I tried out the BB but ended up with the DB. Both are super comfy. One difference I found is that you can enter the DB from either side because it employs two zippers. The XLC has just one zipper that goes up one side and down the other. Adjusting an UQ will be easier in a DB. Also the DB has a wider selection of fabrics for use. For the larger hanger, this can be a benefit.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    The XLC still has the shelf. The only time it doesn't is if you zip off the bug net and overcover, not using either (in traveler/topless mode). Once you zip on the net or the overcover, the shelf comes along for the ride.
    ahh, thanks Breyman I knew there was a caveat to the shelf with the XLC

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images

fabric

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I've had a WBBB but now use a DangerBird. Not tried the WBBB XLC as I already have more than enough hammocks. But, you can choose whatever fabric and fabric weight you want with the DangerBird, you don't have that sort of choice with the WarBonnett hammocks. To be clear, both are very good hammocks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast