Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Talking Trip report videos ...

Just a suggestion and if this needs to be moved to another location ... I understand ...

When you post a trip report in video format ... would you please make it available for mobile devices? A growing number of folks watch videos on iPads, Smartphones and other tablets ... rather than firing up their laptops.

It would be greatly appreciated.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Are they not viewable through Tapatalk or the browser version?
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know some of my videos can't be played on mobile devices because the music is copyrighted and to my knowledge, there is nothing I can do to change it.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Is there some special setting on the youtube upload page that needs to be set in order to make the video work on mobile devices? I don't use mobile devices to view videos.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Are they not viewable through Tapatalk or the browser version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I know some of my videos can't be played on mobile devices because the music is copyrighted and to my knowledge, there is nothing I can do to change it.

Fronkey
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    Is there some special setting on the youtube upload page that needs to be set in order to make the video work on mobile devices? I don't use mobile devices to view videos.

Cheers

Brian
    Sorry fellers ... I guess I wasn't too clear. There use to be more defined criteria for setting you videos to be viewed on different platforms. That has been changed. The only one I've seen lately that comes up is Maztrain's videos. When I click on it on an iPad it shows this error

Right now it's related to monetization and the settings for that unless you have a copyright violation claim against you. It's just getting too complicated these days.

Here's the link to Youtube's latest on making it available on as many platforms as possible.

Like in the case Maztrain's videos ... I sometimes forget to go back and watch them on the PC and that's a shame ... he puts out some really good ones!

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Sorry Guys....

Hey guys I just want to clear this up a little bit......Sorry to all of you not able to watch via mobile devices or apps....But I have no control over that ....I always set it so it can be viewed everywhere and on anything but because of the copyrights with some of the tracks I use and youtube prevents the full syndication...again I'm really sorry that you have trouble watching and I wish I could do something about it but it's just one of those things......

Also there are some of my friends in Germany that can't watch some of my videos because of the "Mumford and Sons" tracks and ...again it's one of those copyright things. So I hope this helps clear this up a bit and again sorry to anyone having this issue ...it frustrated me as well...

Maz

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maztrain View Post
    Hey guys I just want to clear this up a little bit......Sorry to all of you not able to watch via mobile devices or apps....But I have no control over that ....I always set it so it can be viewed everywhere and on anything but because of the copyrights with some of the tracks I use and youtube prevents the full syndication...again I'm really sorry that you have trouble watching and I wish I could do something about it but it's just one of those things......

Also there are some of my friends in Germany that can't watch some of my videos because of the "Mumford and Sons" tracks and ...again it's one of those copyright things. So I hope this helps clear this up a bit and again sorry to anyone having this issue ...it frustrated me as well...

Maz
    I think it must have something to do with all the recent changes on YouTube ... Oh well not sure what the answer is ... guess I'll have to make sure I remember to go back and watch you on the PC ... you're putting out some exceptional videos and I sure don't want to miss them!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I've run into the problem before as well. And I've also found a work around.

If you don't have it already, get Chrome for iOS. When you go to Youtube and find a video on Youtube that won't play, you can choose an option to view the desktop version of the webpage. This will let the video play on your mobile device.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post

If you don't have it already, get Chrome for iOS. When you go to Youtube and find a video on Youtube that won't play, you can choose an option to view the desktop version of the webpage. This will let the video play on your mobile device.
    Nope ... just tried that. In the case of Maztrain's video pictured above ... same issues even with Chrome on the iPad.

Hammock
    MazGear
    Tarp
    MazGear/SuperFly
    Insulation
    MazGear/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

The Answer!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post

this will completely work......i tried it with the youtube mobile app and it didn't work but as long as your browser to view youtube it's no problem....I used chrome and the main browser for android but it will work for ipads as well....here is a video link to how to do it just watch the first 2:30 mins and you'll be golden...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_oiA_QrYWM

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast