Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Attempting a DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DiY Cat Cut
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Darn i typed the whole thing out and the computer locked so I am sorry if this double posts.
    I attatched a picture of the patterns I made and followed. It was actually pretty easy to do. I am not a taylor so if anything is unclear let me know and I will try to explain better.

The outer body is made from 1.1 oz silnylon seconds from.... you guessed it... DiY gear supply. WOOOT. The dark blue is just 1 oz ripstop. The soles are black cordura. They soles are a bit heavy but I wanted some extra toughness just in case I wanted to actually walk around camp. I thought the extra weight was well worth it.

So, here we go.

I started with the sole. I traced my foot on a piece of construction paper. I used a handly taylors thing(not sure of the real name). The thing they use to check for seam alowances. Looks like a ruler with a slide on it. I traced a half inch around the outline of my foot for the seam. I folded my cordura over so when I cut it out I had 4 identical pieces. Take 2 of them and sew them 3/4 of the way around, stuff with nice soft fluffy down and finish the seam. Repeat. Set aside both finished soles.

To make the pattern for the uppers I taped two pieces of paper together and wrapped it around my foot starting with the seam in the paper at my heal. I ran the papper along my foot to my toes and traced the outline on both sides. When I cut it out I got that mishapen T looking thing. That left about 3-3 1/2 inch gap over my foot for the tongue.(blue) I measured and cut out my pattern for the tongue which is basicly a rectangle. I took the ripstop and cut along the patteren 4x for the uppers and 4x for the tongue.

Now for the assembly. Take one upper and one tongue and sew them together giving you a mishapen tube like object. Top(ankle) and bottom(sole) are left open. Do this 4x. Take 2 of the sewn uppers and place them together. Sew all the way around the bottom Leaving the top (ankle), open for stuffing. do this 2x. Now you have 2, 2 layer open at the top uppers. Sew the bottom of the uppers to the cordura sole.

Ok almost there. Stuff uppers with downy goodness to your satisfaction and roll hem the top closed. Turn the whole thing inside out to hide all the wavy bear confusing stitching and you have nice looking booties.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Downy Footwarming goodness.

Thanks, Stalker! This has become my favorite bootie pattern.
    I have tried booties in the past and they are not easy. I can't wait to see what your second project will be!!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition A-Sym
    Tarp
    stock Hennessy
    Insulation
    pad & sleeping bag
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Thank you Stalker42. :-)

- Martin
    No one has ever been heard to say on a deathbed, "I wish I'd put in more time at the office."

Great another thing to add to my todo list. Very nice job.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12