Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    I missed the cot deal as I had placed an order for two online on June 9. That took some doing, for two days it would only let you order one. The computer said my local walmart had one in stock but "should be ain't is". The walmart staff tried to order two at once to no avail. The next day I tried several times and finally it took my order for two units! yaaa! I was hoping they would send the newer 250 model in a right and left and guess what? They actually did! Of course I paid 79 each. So the markdown 200 that I found at a ww in another city goes back for a refund. I just opened the package and at the moment I'm so excited that they got the order right that I haven't opened the bags yet. lol
    It will be tricky testing them anytime soon as it is in the 90's feels like 96 so I'll have to let you know later how they work out.

Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock
    I got super lucky and was at Walmart and saw these sitting on the self with another similar bag marked 40. I got the cashiers attention showed them and walked out with one for 40 bucks plus tax. I am going camping all week and the weather calls for 71 as a low. Figured I could use this and be just fine all night. Is it worth adding down if I want to take it to conditions below 40 degrees. I don't use an UQ

Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock
    I guess I should add it's the cocoon 250. And I have a junkie comforter that the down keeps coming out of I could use for filler. So

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    ENO Dryfly
    I just received two of the Ozarks that i had ordered and had shipped to my house (free, in four days-Nice!).
    Unfortunately, they sent me the Cocoon 200s, not the 250s. Anyone else have this problem?
    Any ideas how i could ensure that i get the 250s?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by brodieb666 View Post
    I just received two of the Ozarks that i had ordered and had shipped to my house (free, in four days-Nice!).
    Unfortunately, they sent me the Cocoon 200s, not the 250s. Anyone else have this problem?
    Any ideas how i could ensure that i get the 250s?
    Guessing the only way to be sure is to exchange them at the store. My understanding from either this thread, or another I'm following about these bags, is that both have the same SKU in the computer, so they look identical in inventory. When you order online, it's really the luck of the draw.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    First time poster but I've been lurking a while.

I bought the bundle with the cot and flashlight for $115 (before tax) - I actually bought this twice. Both times, I got a left-zipper Cocoon 200. One had spotty fill and the other looked pretty good. I was able to return the items individually - they will return the cot for $44.72 and the flashlight for $19.16. That makes the bag just $51.12 (before tax). Pretty good deal.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    KNT12/16
    Insulation
    KAQ RC 4S UQ
    Suspension
    Slings and arrows
    I have to thank this thread's contributors. It got me looking. I couldn't find a Wally at sale price, so checked fleabay and found a vintage TNF 3.2 lb fill mummy for under $60! It's an excellent bag and loftier than my 40 YO TNF, so I'm keeping it in tact for TQ duty.
    Latest inspiration: In the dirt. Ep3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7ieDrNvnU

Hammock
    DIY 8 foot
    Tarp
    Silnylon 8x10
    Insulation
    Woobie UQ
    Suspension
    Kammock Pythons
    I just got one of these for my sisters birthday and last night we tested it out and it was very warm. Decent piece of gear for the price.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I purchased the Cacoon 250 back in March. I have loved this thing. VERY low priced but a a very good bag/topquilt for the money. I mean, sure, it is not top of the line. C'mon, it is a "walmart special" that we are talking about here, but I pair this up with a military issue poncho liner (woobie) and I have a perfectly good sleep system and I did not spend loads of cash, which I do not have, on it. My meager resources can be directed towards radios, gas, food, the new under quilt which I need...Works for me!
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF
    VA-4th Annual NOVA Hang-Nov 6-8 PWFP

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just went to two different WalMart stores and checked out three of these sleeping bags...all three, once held up to the store lights, were nearly see-through. There was NO INSULATION on an entire side of each of them (and it happened to be the top of the bag - the worst area to have no insulation). If somebody tried to use one of these even in, say 40 degree weather (8º above their rating), they could very well get hypothermia...horrible quality control on this product IMO.

• + New Posts
  • Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast