WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps

Walmart Ozark Trails Down Sleeping Bag

Would anyone be interested in trading a right zipper for my left zipper? I've only used mine a handful of times and it's like new.

Question for anybody who's used this sleeping bag as a top quilt... how low have you gone with this thing? I'm thinking of heading up to the porcupine mountains this weekend for a couple nights and the forecast low tomorrow night is 46.... would this be warm enough? My only other choice is my heavy down winter bag which is over 3 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lpranal View Post
    Question for anybody who's used this sleeping bag as a top quilt... how low have you gone with this thing? I'm thinking of heading up to the porcupine mountains this weekend for a couple nights and the forecast low tomorrow night is 46.... would this be warm enough? My only other choice is my heavy down winter bag which is over 3 lbs.
    I say go for it. I've been down to the mid 40's using it as a TQ with my KAQ new river UQ. Might want to toss in a down puffy and a fleece hat to keep you toasty. I love the porkies. Enjoy

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mac cat
    Insulation
    Greylock 3/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal View Post
    I've taken mine down into the mid to low 50s in windy conditions and slept very warm. I think if I did the tennis ball treatment and restore some loft I could take it lower and be fine. What type of UQ are you using?

Still don't have my underquilt yet so I was going to go with a pad / mylar sun shade combo. my 700 fp PDS and down booties will be going with as well

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I used it as a topquilt down to 35° on a wal-mart blue pad, in base layers and a wool hat. When the sun came up that saturday morning, I was more than happy to go inside and climb in the warm bed with mrs byrd for a few hours. But if I had just gotten up, made coffee, and gotten moving, I would have been fine.
    The mountains are calling
    and I must go...

-John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by darkbyrd View Post
    I used it as a topquilt down to 35° on a wal-mart blue pad, in base layers and a wool hat. When the sun came up that saturday morning, I was more than happy to go inside and climb in the warm bed with mrs byrd for a few hours. But if I had just gotten up, made coffee, and gotten moving, I would have been fine.
    i also used it as a top quilt down to 37 deg with blue CCF pad, long underwear, fleece pullover, fleece pants and knit hat. hadn't learned about the hot water bottle trick at the time, and that would have made for a much more enjoyable night.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    I used it to freezing, but I also have a 20 degree Incubator UQ with extra down.

I was wearing long-johns on the bottom, a jersey on top, the JCP Puffer Jacket and a Warm Hat, but I had to vent quite often. I'd say go for it.

Hammock
    Sierra Madre Ninox
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images
    No doubt take it. At 46 you are not going to freeze and it will be a good trial with it so that you can better understand what it and you are capable of. Take long-johns top and bottom and wool socks (in the case your booties are too warm) and a beenie and you should sleep like a baby! Happy hangin and enjoy your trip!

Did a backyard hang this past Friday night. Low down to 41 and felt pretty good with the bag and my KAQ New River 30. Slept in light fleece pullover, fleece pants, socks and my UGQ fleece hat. Since I knew it would be cool, I pulled out down puffy coat for some extra comfort over my head. Feet sometimes got cold, but next time ill bring along those chemical hot pockets to add some heat where needed. Very impressed with this bag

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast