WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Well I guess I'm back on the not being able to attend side of the fence. The rest of May is not good for me. This weekend was looking really good for me but unfortunately Mother Nature has other plans. Postponing makes the most sense given the situation.

At this point I still want to get out and do some kind of camping so maybe I'll do a car camp just to get out and sit in front of a fire and sleep outside in my hammock.

It's not much of a consolation but does anyone want to turn this into a car camping group hang?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Well I guess I'm back on the not being able to attend side of the fence. The rest of May is not good for me. This weekend was looking really good for me but unfortunately Mother Nature has other plans. Postponing makes the most sense given the situation.
    Hey Bubba, I'll make it up to you on our next hang. It's just that the the idea of going for an early spring trip without wetting a line for trout is something I just couldn't bear. This is my annual pilgrimage after all. Again, I can't believe the ice and flooding this year. Pretty amazing!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Hey Bubba, I'll make it up to you on our next hang. It's just that the the idea of going for an early spring trip without wetting a line for trout is something I just couldn't bear. This is my annual pilgrimage after all. Again, I can't believe the ice and flooding this year. Pretty amazing!
    No worries. I want you guys to get out for some trout! If we had an impromtu car camp this weekend you could take you BB for a test drive.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    I can't make the long weekend but I'd accept the consolation car camping this weekend. Bubba, any thoughts on location?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    My sheer manliness
    Suspension
    Whatever works

Canada>Ontario>May 2013 - EGL Spring Canoe Hang - May 2013 - Planning Thread

At this point, is there any chance we would still be on for this weekend? I have to give a 48 hour notice to AO, so there's still a day or two but even as promising as the forecast looks, it doesn't look like strong winds are coming to help out our conundrum.

I'd still love to get out this weekend regardless. Bubba, Im listening...

The rescheduling should be fine, ill confirm later this week when things settle. Stoopid ice!

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chenvre View Post
    At this point, is there any chance we would still be on for this weekend? I have to give a 48 hour notice to AO, so there's still a day or two but even as promising as the forecast looks, it doesn't look like strong winds are coming to help out our conundrum.

I'd still love to get out this weekend regardless. Bubba, Im listening...

The rescheduling should be fine, ill confirm later this week when things settle. Stoopid ice!
    I haven't changed my reservations so technically we might be able to still go if the Park gives the "all clear", but I just don't think it's fair to anyone to drag out the timing on this. Mother Nature's is giving us the cold shoulder this year. Maybe she's just giving the trout a chance to fatten up a bit more before we get there!

If we don't go up this weekend, then I likely won't do a car camping trip but will wait for the trip. I've burnt many brownie points with the wife this winter and have run out of "get out of the doghouse free" cards. Besides, I'd need to arrange to pick up my daughter in Brantford on the weekend.

Stoopid ice!!!
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

Hammock
    Diy 1.1 DL - Diy 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Diy Silnylon,
    Insulation
    SB con to UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

At this point I still want to get out and do some kind of camping so maybe I'll do a car camp just to get out and sit in front of a fire and sleep outside in my hammock.

It's not much of a consolation but does anyone want to turn this into a car camping group hang?
    if you want to car camp with a small hike look at moon river falls or go home lake both on crown land, pm me if you need more info both are just off hwy 12 n or orilla
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keg View Post
    I can't make the long weekend but I'd accept the consolation car camping this weekend. Bubba, any thoughts on location?
    Hey Keg. If I was going to go alone I was going to head up to the Pinery but if you're interested as well as others we can just do a Valens hang for convenience as it's more central for many people. I'll PM Taliesin96 about the crown land option but at this point I've started to resign myself to convenience, semi-luxury and a shorter drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chenvre View Post
    ...I'd still love to get out this weekend regardless. Bubba, Im listening...
    Valens is a fair drive for you to car camp but it's familiar and it is a good option for multiple hangers. If you come for two nights then it would be more worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    If we don't go up this weekend, then I likely won't do a car camping trip but will wait for the trip. I've burnt many brownie points with the wife this winter and have run out of "get out of the doghouse free" cards. Besides, I'd need to arrange to pick up my daughter in Brantford on the weekend.

Stoopid ice!!!
    That's too bad chard but I won't be surprised if you show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin96 View Post
    if you want to car camp with a small hike look at moon river falls or go home lake both on crown land, pm me if you need more info both are just off hwy 12 n or orilla
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll PM you later tonight for some info.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PRESTON View Post
    Hi guy's, I know most of this is all up in the air right now but I'm interested in joining this trip or one later on if this one doesn't work out. I've camped on Mcintosh via canoe lake before a few years ago.

Are you thinking solo canoes, or pairing up, rentals, etc? Or too early to decide the details?

I'm from Haldimand County, about 4-5 hours from the park.
    Sorry I won't be able to meet you this time around. Maybe in the fall. Hopefully you can make it on the Victoria Day weekend.

Hammock
    Diy 1.1 DL - Diy 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Diy Silnylon,
    Insulation
    SB con to UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

bubba i got ya some crownland down your way
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast