DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    it is 3 hours, but if he is going to come through St.Louis, he could drop you at my house on the way south to Branson. If he takes the normal route from MN to Branson, which is through Iowa City, IA, he will pass within 2 miles of my house at the intersection of HWY 40 and HWY 70.
    I used google maps and it says that the quickest route is to go through Kansas City which isn't really that close. I am going to see if I can snag the car and make it for a night to hang with everyone, which shouldn't be an issue at all. I'll have an answer by this weekend.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Well guys; got some news...I'm still going to make the hike (the upside...for me, maybe not you ) but the downside is (for me, maybe not you) is that It'll be my last. I got a job offer today in Ohio and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept. Could have me leaving the area in 3 weeks.

I'm excited, scared, and already missing you guys; odd how you got under my skin so quickly

We can play it safe or we can put ourselves out there a bit sometimes. One way we stagnate, the other has risk but also the opportunity for growth. I don't want to be done growing so for the sake of my family and myself I think it's time to put myself out there a bit.

Anyway, looking forward to our hike even more than I was.

Gideon
    Last edited by Gideon; 04-18-2013 at 19:32.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Well guys; got some news...I'm still going to make the hike (the upside...for me, maybe not you ) but the downside is (for me, maybe not you) is that It'll be my last. I got a job offer today in Ohio and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept. Could have me leaving the area in 3 weeks.

I'm excited, scared, and already missing you guys; odd how you got under my skin so quickly

We can play it safe or we can put ourselves out there a bit sometimes. One way we stagnate, the other has risk but also the opportunity for growth. I don't want to be done growing so for the sake of my family and myself I think it's time to put myself out there a bit.

Gideon
    Gideon, glad to hear the opportunity has opened up for you. I will defiantly be sad to see you go but I look at it as a friend in a new location. Now if I choose to go on a hike in Ohio I know the first person I am calling.

Looking forward to the weekend coming up. glad to hear you are still able to make it.
    Last edited by digitizer101; 04-18-2013 at 20:42.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    Good news, my schedule has changed and I will be at the Taum Sauk trail head at 8 am on Friday morning.
    see you all then
    That's awesome!
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Gideon
    Gideon, that's great news about the job. A fresh perspective is what we need sometimes. You will be sorely missed in our group though.

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    Still Looking
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Fronkey, it would be great if you could make the hike even if just for one night. You will love the views on this trail. The Mini Sauk Falls are amazing to see and the trails tough but very rewarding.

Oh, and did I mention that this group is about as friendly as they come.

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I used google maps and it says that the quickest route is to go through Kansas City which isn't really that close. I am going to see if I can snag the car and make it for a night to hang with everyone, which shouldn't be an issue at all. I'll have an answer by this weekend.

Fronkey
    Fronkey, we'd love to have you along! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you make it out here.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by digitizer101 View Post
    Fronkey, it would be great if you could make the hike even if just for one night. You will love the views on this trail. The Mini Sauk Falls are amazing to see and the trails tough but very rewarding.

Oh, and did I mention that this group is about as friendly as they come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Fronkey, we'd love to have you along! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you make it out here.
    Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the warm welcome.
    I'm going to talk to my lady's dad this weekend about when he plans on heading down there, so, getting from Mn to MO (Branson area) will be a piece of cake. I just have to see if I can borrow his vehicle for a night and make the drive on over to you guys for a night. I would try to make it for both nights, but, the whole purpose of the trip is to see my girlfriend's grand folks and after 4 years of dating, I should probably meet them finally. lol

I will keep everyone in the loop and thanks again.

Fronkey

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod

Gideon
    That is great news,you should be proud of yourself for sure. The selfish side of me will miss you though. You inspire me with your rock solid faith. Three cheers for Gideon the rock.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Gideon - I grew up in southeast Ohio. Great hiking in the area. I get over for at least once a year at hit the forest.

You could do a lot worse.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast