Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    At 6'4", I get a better lay out of my Woot hammock for $20 than I get out of my ENO for $60.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

compared to other crinkle hammocks, I personally think it's easier for find a better value for say a GT or an off-name brand on ebay. That being said, my ENO double was my go-to, retiring a WB Traveler I thought would absolutely be better for me. Wasn't. For me.

Have laid in some longer hammocks though and I can appreciate the increased comfort by having more space (less squeeze) and a more gradual arc making easier for me to find that flat lay. WL hammock has been the comfiest I've been in to date. YMMV.

Hammock
    12' diy hammock
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    warmth
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    my first hammock was also an eno DN. but being 6'4" i couldn't really get flat in it. my next one was the $20 woot hammock. the extra 1.5' made a huge difference. i was able to really get some good sleep in it. recently i just got a lite owl and boy is it comfy.

one thing i noticed about the eno and woot hammocks is there is a 8" strip sewn down the length of both sides. when you lay in them it it cuts into the width of the hammock. the lite owl doesn't have that sewn in strip so it makes it feel wider and more comfortable. the downfall to that is that i liked to fold that strip over and use it as a pillow, but i'll take the extra usable width over the pillow.

edit: i took a closer look at Cannibal's image and i love the ring buckle setup on 2 of them, but i can't make out what the middle one is. is it a cinch buckle?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sploiz View Post
    edit: i took a closer look at Cannibal's image and i love the ring buckle setup on 2 of them, but i can't make out what the middle one is. is it a cinch buckle?

To bend the spoon with your mind, you must first accept that there is no spoon.

Here is a closer picture:

There is no spoon!

I generally add my suspension as I'm packing the hammock. I've got a lot of hammocks and change things around to fit my needs for any given trip, so seeing my hammocks without an active suspension is par for the course. There are no rings attached to the hammock (although Genuine Draft insists on the purpleish drip line) and the webbing you see is just loose webbing from one of the other hammocks. The other two had been hanging when I took them down to take a visual look at the length between the ENO and TTTM rigs. I threw the Trek Light in there just for added comparison and was actually surprised to find it longer in length than the TTTM.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Thanks for all the great feedback.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12