Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need a little help

Hello. I'm new to hammack camping. I'm currently section hiking the AT. I haven't sleep well in the mouse shelters or tens, I've even tried tarping. I have an ENO double nest with profly tarp. My real questions deal with keeping warm. Average temps will be around 20. I currently have a 0 degree down sleeping bag and a big Agnes air core. I read up on under quilts. Some people like pads as well. My question is would a second sleeping bag work the same? What if I hung an extra ridge line and made like a tube tent set up ,from a tarp, to keep wind off? What's the best option for a backpacker?
    Thx in advance.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Under quilts are the way to go, but if you're just trying it, or not gonna use it much try a pad, I use a Hennessy hammock double bubble in late spring and early fall sometimes.

Grand Trunk has just come out with a hammock sleeping bag. Essentially, you pass your entire hammock through the bag. Cuts down weight & gives you an all-in-one system. I see the drawback as being unable to sleep diagonal in it, but you might want to give it a try.

http://www.grandtrunkgoods.com/grand...-sleeping-bag/

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Why is this post under the articles section?

• + New Posts