Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
I agree with a lot of what you've had said on this thread.

I used my stock HH Explorer Deluxe for over a year without modding anything at first. It worked just fine that way.

Then I started looking at making incremental changes to simplify hanging it...first went with biners/rings, which worked fine, then eventually to whoopie slings.

I too love the bottom entry for climbing into the hammock during mosquito season, or in storms where I have the tarp pitched tight to keep the wind/rain out.

But I've found that I also love having the 2QZQ mod and being able to reach in/out of the hammock on either side works well too.

Get it, use it...and as you've heard, figure out for yourself what you want to change over time...if anything.
+1

I used my HH bottom entry for 2 years stock. Then moved to whoopies. It was headed to 2qzq, until I drank the Warbonnet Coolaid, never really as happy with the lay of the BB compared to my HH Explorer Deluxe. Regret selling my HH. Only reason for getting a zipper mod for me was lounging around and UQ adjustments. Would leave the bottom entry in place and use it most of the time unless lounging or doing camp chores.