WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Waiting for the Fish<>< & lugnut trip report.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Waiting for the Fish<>< & lugnut trip report.
    Coming soon...we're going camping tomorrow night, I got the day off and he does too. We're gonna make the best of it. Just don't count on professional videos from me, but I might make my first for you guys.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE LR, Enlightene
    We need to Make ourselves a little "Whooooooo Buddy" video for the shug shug shugidy shug!

Sorry, I've been on a YouTube kick here lately and it all been shug videos lol

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I almost forgot about my breakfast for "breakfast from me hammock"...that woulda been a tragedy. I have everything I need to survive the night (minus my water) packed and ready to go. I will have a few hygiene things to grab after work tomorrow, but other than that and water I'm good.

Ps, if I could I would change the name of this thread to "no longer alone"...

Oh, and tomorrow will be my first night under the straycat and inside the fronkey net. I'm hoping for a semi decent test run for the two.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    you two be careful and have fun. looking forward to the videos.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hexagonal
    Insulation
    working on that
    Suspension
    Hennessy lash
    Images
    I lived in Tamuning for a couple of years and hammock camped between coconut trees. The locals told me I was loco, but I used a heavy canvas tarp secured by string lines to deflect falling coconuts. The other concern involved the tree snakes, but I saw none while camping.

I would go back in a minute as I loved the diving, my motorcycle club and my work was interesting - only left because the wife hated the place and I missed her when she left...

Hey, it happens.

Seriously, there are a lot of places to hammock camp in the islands, but I was serious about the falling coconuts. You could be badly injured by them.

RT

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    REI Hammock Tarp
    Insulation
    Lumina 0 bag
    Suspension
    rope and paracord
    I was stationed there at Andersen back in 2004-2006, wish I was hammocking back then, there are a lot of great places on Guam to go hang around! Still trying to convince the current girlfriend to take a trip to the island, so I can show her how beautiful it is!

How is Anderson AFB treating you, im trying to get back over there i loved my time there, and you cant beat the Base having its own Beach

OK all of you trying Space A i hope your retired because i am a 2T2 and Space A is part of my Job. If your active plan at least 4 days travel there and back. Save your time and just buy the 1600 dollar ticket, or if your not in a hurry then by all means take the Space A Flight. I know when i was in Guam the Tennesse Guard flew a C-5 out every two weeks for channel mission. But Travis McGuire bases like that are the main places to get started.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Talk about a blast from the past! I was there in the 80's as well; oldest daughter was born in the Naval hospital in Agana. I wasn't into hiking much; spend all my time scuba diving. I do wish I could get back there to visit. A hang along the beach somewhere would be great but you definitely need a good bug net!!

Hope you find someone; you should be able to share your hobby with another Air Force member and get them into it! Take your hammock to Taraguy (sp?) beach on base and hang it up so others can see it!

Good luck
    Gideon

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast