Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Well guys, it's time for me to renew this thread. My good friend lugnut departed island about a year ago and i haven't been on a hang since before he left. I have returned from deployment and have a few months before they can send me again. With that said i am looking for someone out here on guam to go on a hang with. If there are any members out there planning a trip out here (military or otherwise) or moved here since i was last super active on the forums, i'd really like to get out in the "piney woods" for some more adventures. You can shoot me a pm or just respond on this thread, and i will be in touch.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Welcome back from deployment. I bet being in your own bed and your own house really hits the spot. I hope someone is able to take you up on your offer.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Dude, seriously? Guam? You're trying to seduce people from not-already-on-Guam, TO Guam? To connect themselves to trees? TREES?! On Guam? The same Guam I knew as "Tree-Snake-Hell/No-Birds-Left-Island"? Pah-haaaahaaaahaaaahahahaha...!!! Wow, man! You GOTTA be lonesome! And a little bit touched with Island Madness! I mean, have things changed since the 90's? Or, are you offering complementary anti-venin to all takers? I suspect they'd recently deployed you to give you a break from the hazardous duty of island habitation on Guam! I'm intrigued (I didn't say interested!!). Please do bring my opinions up to date. My impression hasn't seen any revision since '95. P.S. Give it to me straight. I was attached to the base (Short 3month T.D.Y. Worked with C.A.T.M./Red Hats), and I got the official story. Then, I went exploring. I saw what I saw, and what I saw was different from the official story. I decided to side with reality, and leave the government fiction to the silly and gullible.
    Last edited by irondog; 04-18-2015 at 22:01.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    well to be honest it has changed alot. there are a lot less snakes (only seen a couple in my 3 years here) and a lot more birds (good and a bad thing) those snakes are fairly harmless, and very docile for a "venomous" snake. their fangs are situated in the back of their mouths, so you'd really have to try to get hit by them suckers...

Quote Originally Posted by irondog View Post
    Dude, seriously? Guam? You're trying to seduce people from not-already-on-Guam, TO Guam? To connect themselves to trees? TREES?! On Guam? The same Guam I knew as "Tree-Snake-Hell/No-Birds-Left-Island"? Pah-haaaahaaaahaaaahahahaha...!!! Wow, man! You GOTTA be lonesome! And a little bit touched with Island Madness! I mean, have things changed since the 90's? Or, are you offering complementary anti-venin to all takers? I suspect they'd recently deployed you to give you a break from the hazardous duty of island habitation on Guam! I'm intrigued (I didn't say interested!!). Please do bring my opinions up to date. My impression hasn't seen any revision since '95. P.S. Give it to me straight. I was attached to the base (Short 3month T.D.Y. Worked with C.A.T.M./Red Hats), and I got the official story. Then, I went exploring. I saw what I saw, and what I saw was different from the official story. I decided to side with reality, and leave the government fiction to the silly and gullible.
    Stinga: yes my bed is nice and its great to be back.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Hey, Fish. Before I get me voted off the forum, I wanna quick get back to ya. So, their big remediation and reclamation program's making progress, eh? Well, that's great news. I'd read the last "sit rep" you posted, 'bout your attack at Spider Hill. Great stuff!! Memories! So, it's back at it for you, now you got dirt under ya? Well, I'm a long way from hanging in Guam this and next season (Autumn's when I get most of my flying.), and I'm not sure I'd get the forum's seal of approval or Member-In-Good-Standing stamp, but, I'd do it it you would! Seriously.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Not sure I'd want to be in range of pyongyang's missles, or deal with glow in the dark post nuclear three headed fish from the 1950's nuclear testing. I wouldn't mind hanging in Hawaii, but I'm not sure the laws allow that there.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Not sure I'd want to be in range of pyongyang's missles, or deal with glow in the dark post nuclear three headed fish from the 1950's nuclear testing. I wouldn't mind hanging in Hawaii, but I'm not sure the laws allow that there.
    Why dig up posts this old? We have plenty of new stuff to talk about

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345