WBBB
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    lambskin rugs/pluq
    Suspension
    tree straps

tarp pics, crl, tree strap extenders

1. hey guys, i think its been about a year and im finally putting pics of my tarp up
    i also got a broken tent that i cannibalized to use as a pole mod.

2. would braided masons line be strong enough to use as a CRL and how long should it be.

3. what are some ways to make tree strap extenders, i used my hammock this past weekend but the trees where to far apart so i had to use some rope but it kept sliding on me

Thanks,
    A.Bottoms
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can girth hitch the side of the poles that look like they're attached to those poles on the ground with a loop tied into the tie-out on that side. Girth hitch that loop to the end of the structure pole, easy peasy, lose some weight as well.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    lambskin rugs/pluq
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    You can girth hitch the side of the poles that look like they're attached to those poles on the ground with a loop tied into the tie-out on that side. Girth hitch that loop to the end of the structure pole, easy peasy, lose some weight as well.
    i have some guy lines on there already, those poles that are sitting on the ground are just the extra length that i haven't taken off yet since i just put the poles on today

You can girth hitch the side of the poles that look like they're anchored with poles on the ground. Tie a loop of BML to the tie-out and girth hitch it around the end of the pole and you're done, easy peasy, save some weight and bulk.

BML will work perfect for a CRL, it's what I've always used. Still have and use my first CRL from a couple years back, it's my only one and going strong. No wear yet.

As far as extenders just take some extra webbing with a small loop sewn in each end, like the end of the webbing suspension on the WB hammocks. If you use whoopies+straps you only need to sew a loop on one end. Just thread the straps through each other's end loops and you have a longer strap now and you can still biner the other end around the tree. Sorry if that sounds confusing, let me know if you need a better description. Hope it helps

Awesome setup, use the same one for my Superfly and it rawks. How're you liking yours?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Bottoms View Post
    i have some guy lines on there already, those poles that are sitting on the ground are just the extra length that i haven't taken off yet since i just put the poles on today
    ahhhhhh gotcha

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Masons line (typically nylon) has a tendency to stretch. Especially as it gets wet..the time you don't want the tarp to sag. Masons line can and will work till you can upgrade, but expect some sagging issues as the tarp is deployed. Many of us used masons line or paracord to start with.
    If you can find some zing it, it is awesome as a rl.

30 ft. is more than adequate for most areas.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    diy
    Insulation
    lambskin rugs/pluq
    Suspension
    tree straps
    thanks guys,

instead of doing a CRL i just put a ridgeline under the tarp that i can wrap around the poles then tie off on the other end (forgot to take pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Awesome setup, use the same one for my Superfly and it rawks. How're you liking yours?
    i love the shape of the tarp, since 99% of the time im using it at scout camps i like to be able to close the doors to get dressed, the only thing i dont like is the weight just the tarp it self is like 3 lbs but thats just the material i used with the poles its like 5 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by A.Bottoms View Post
    thanks guys,

instead of doing a CRL i just put a ridgeline under the tarp that i can wrap around the poles then tie off on the other end (forgot to take pics)

i love the shape of the tarp, since 99% of the time im using it at scout camps i like to be able to close the doors to get dressed, the only thing i dont like is the weight just the tarp it self is like 3 lbs but thats just the material i used with the poles its like 5 lbs
    You should check out build sites scrap for some Tyvek. I've seen a couple doors made out of it at a couple Ohio Hangs. Super light stuff and you can possibly get it for free if you hit the right construction sites.

• + New Posts