Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Can JRB tri-glides be used in the same way Dutch buckles are used in place of toggles

I have a pair of Jacks R Better tri-glides and I wondered if anyone has used them as cinch buckles on their straps. I tried them like this in testing a new hammock with amsteel loops. The loops fit fine over the tri-glide like a toggle. Will threading the tri-glide the same as a Dutch Buckle work? Will it hold the straps securely?
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

yes

short answer ---- YES!!!

I use them in a similar manner, but in a different configuration.

I use a UCR that is larks headed (?) directly onto a 5 foot strap (one end has a sewn loop) and a triglide on the strap. **ALSO** i have an 8" continuous loop of amsteel prusiked onto the strap directly above the UCR connection.

So, to use... the continuous loop goes over the triglide and this is how you wrap the strap around the tree. So you adjust the tridglide for the size of the tree... then double back the strap (like the dutch buckle) and wrap the continuous loop around that. Now all you have to do is hook up the UCR to the hammock (I use a biner that is attached to the hammock) and adjust!!!

I just came up with this idea recently. I made 2 - 8' UCRs, attached them to 5 foot straps and slid on the triglide(s) and prusiked a(the) continuous loop(s). I used the stock JRB webbing (cut down to size) and the full suspension package (not including biners) is 4.75 oz. So to clarify the 4.75 oz is 2 - 5 foot straps, 2 - 8 foot UCRs, 2 triglides, and 2 continuous loops.

But, yes, the JRB triglides work fine for whoopie slings. You may want to make one of those zing it slider knots that professor hammock uses. Just so you can cinch the whoopie down around the triglide so it doesn't come of to easy. Not necessary though.

Mark

oops

I now see that I forgot to understand your post when i read it. You are not using whoopies. But either way, you are good. I was hanging my BMBH just like that before I swaped out the suspension. Amazingly on the BMBH the triglide fits right through the smc ring at the apex of the suspension triangle. so you can hang off of the triglide just like a dutch buckle, and it works great!

Mark

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Re: Can JRB tri-glides be used in the same way Dutch buckles are used in place of tog

Thank you for the explanation of your suspension. My straps have a loop on the end, also. I put the strap around the tree and run the opposite end through the loop. I then threaded the tri-glide like a Dutch Buckle and put the amsteel loop over it like a toggle. Would this system work just as well as if I ran the straps as the tri-glides are intended and also using them as a toggle as you suggested? Does using the tri-glides on both straps around the tree allow for adjusting the straps with the hammock attached? I was having to take the loop off and unthread the tri-glide partially in order to adjust the straps.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Yes, using the triglide as a toggle and not having an easy adjustment elsewhere is a pain. There is no easy way to adjust, once you set it up, you would have to take the hammock off, unthread the buckle a bit, then double back and hook the hammock back up. That is why i came up with "my" new suspension. It is easy to slide the buckle along when it isn't doubled back, and once its around the tree, there is no messing with it... Just adjust your whoopie/UCR.

Mark

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Yes they can be used like Dutch buckles.

If you don't mind amsteel to webbing contact you could also use them to create a loop through which your amsteel goes through and then adjust the webbing length with the triglide.

Webbing from tree through triglide->through amsteel loop->back through triglide.

You could use a biner instead of having the amsteel directly contact the webbing.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Re: Can JRB tri-glides be used in the same way Dutch buckles are used in place of tog

Thanks, guys for your help!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts