Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images

2013 Ark Ozark Hang Videos and Pic's

Anyone that had pictures or videos, add here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ItWolIXAg

Hammock
    Breyman scout 1.9 DL, WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY 144 x 120 1.1
    Insulation
    PLUQ & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great job smoke! I really enjoyed the weekend and I appreciate all you're effort as well as others. I hate that I had to leave early and miss that awesome looking feast. Hope to see ya'll soon.
    "As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the Lord your God moves about in your camp..." Deuteronomy 23: 13,14

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    Looks like a great hang! Loved the River!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

The river looked like a lot of fun, glad ya'll had a good time
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    The river was low, but still alot of fun. When the water gets alittle higher and faster I'm plan to take the Alpacka raft and go backpacking about 15 miles up river than float back...

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I've been to a few different hangs and this one was by far the best. I loved the campground and the river. This hang was very informative checking out everyone's set ups.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Well, now that were home I'll have to get some uploaded.(as soon as I uncover my camera) Just as I pulled into Brian's drive I noticed my bearing on the trailer was shot. I'm just glad it wasn't on the side of a mountain. Two hours later I'm back on the road and I'm NOT unloading this evening. I'll try to get what shots I've got up tomorrow.

Thanks again for getting this hang goin'.

Shane
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    that was a nice vid, it had a great shot of my beans. im so glad you did not show my diy tarp. i will always remember my first group hang!!!!!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Ok. I've been super excited about this trip every since Smokehouse posted it (which seems like about 3 months ago). My plan was to hike in from Boxley, hang with the group at Kyle's Landing and then hike the rest of the way out to Pruitt. As time passed, there were a couple of others that wanted to accompany me on the adventure. So.....It started on Wednesday. Spaceweaseal picked me up at my place (about 4 hours from his place) and we made the 7 hour trip out to Kyle's Landing (11 hours for him). The Weaseal knew he had to head out early Sunday morning, so my plan was to catch a ride back home with Gimpy (who also wanted to do the hike) from Pruitt on Monday. Spaceweaseal and I rolled into camp around 930pm, so some of the campers were already in their hammocks and fast asleep. We found a couple of suitable trees and shortly followed. Thursday morning Old Gringo shuttled us to the trailhead at Boxley (after a bit of confusion with the Ranger about wether or not the campsite was open) and we hit the trail. We got a bit of a late start, but managed to make it a bit past Ponca before we set up the hammocks and crashed for the night. It was great hiking. There are some really nice views and lots of places to get water. The next morning we hit the trail early, eager to get back to Kyle's Landing to partake in the festivities. We rolled in around 4pm or so and set up our sleeping areas for the weekend. The food and company was awesome. I make it a point to have a good time at these get togethers, and this was no different. I had a blast. We spent most of Friday night over at the BIAS camp having way too much fun for grown men. Saturday was just as much fun. I passed up the opportunity to float the river, but nothing but good things was said about it....and judging from Smokehouse's video, it looks like it was a great time. The food on Saturday was as expected....AWESOME! Too much. I was super full, fat and happy. The action was stopped a little short by the rain that came. It rained most of the night Saturday (which normally makes for great sleeping, but I hadn't set up my tarp quite right, so I got a bit wet).... Ooops. Sunday morning, still raining, people were packing up and heading out pretty early. Goodbyes were said and Gimpy and I hit the trail. It was wet. Let me just say, the hike in was nice, but after the rain (and even hiking in it) made the hike to Pruitt absolutely beautiful. There were waterfalls everywhere. It was some of the most amazing trails that I've seen. Hiking in the rain was pretty miserable, but the awesomeness of the trail made it worth every minute of it. Gimpy and I ended up doing the 17 miles back to the car on Sunday. After some food, and cleaning up a bit at the restrooms we backtracked a bit on the trail and set up camp for the night. The next morning we were out of there and headed back to the DFW area. A bit over 7 hours later I was home and ready for a nap. It was an awesome trip. I had a great time, met some great people, ate some great food, and saw some great sites. I'm looking forward to the next time.

Here's a short slideshow video I threw together. Just a few pics from the trail.

If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    my darn computer doesnot pick up your link Caveman ahhhh

• + New Posts