I've been tackling a few DIY projects and thought I would share about it.

My first project was trying to make a really cheap tarp. I made a 9X12 tarp out of a plastic drop cloth. I used clear packing tape on all of the edges and then put some plastic grommets I already had at each corner and down the side. At first I thought it was going to do pretty well. The tarp looked good if I do say so myself. I set it up in my backyard to see how it would hold up. I set it up early Friday afternoon and left it up all weekend. It did well until Sunday. I messing around with some different set ups and then it happened...RIP! It developed a tear on one of the edges and it just took off. It was pretty much useless in a hurry. Here are a couple of pictures...

I also made myself a bug net using the description I got from a YouTube video. It pretty much led you step by step through the process. You basically started with two sheer window panels and sewed them together. There were only three kinda long stitches. It was very simple...and I'm saying that as someone who has never sewed anything.
Here's a link to the YouTube video I used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRoE...5F-Y-Mztwa9d7Q
Thanks to CrypticCRICKET for posting the video.
Here's a picture of my bug net: