Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    sigh...well there in lies the whole zipper conundrum...lol. 2questions (the zipper king since his wife is surely the zipper Queen) and I discussed this at the Mt Rogers hang. It would be great to have a completely removable/interchangeable bugnet/overshield thing going on. The problem is finding zippers that long that have all of the parts for making it detachable. They just dont seem to make them that long. I think THAT is the only reason we have not seen that mod offered by 2Questions wife (mod 4 if there was one). Sorry, probably too much info..

Where my zipper mod stands now. I have the zippers installed on both ends but they are not completely finished because I had not decided how I want to finish them. Right now I can either treat it like it is a normal zipper mod and just zip/unzip it where I want and throw the rest over the ridgeline or roll it up out of the way OR I can completely remove it...IF I want to mess with slipping the zipper back on the chain, which is kind of a pain in the butt. I am sorry for this long post, especally if it made no sense. My next move would be to shoot some pics (which I should do anyway since I am trying to sell it).

The buyer can tell me how they want me to finish the zippers. Either leave them how i have them (completely functional...just dont zip/unzip too far or you have to reinstall the zipper) or I can sew a stop in them wherever.

Adam
    Three words: Coil Zipper tape.

I like the way the Clark zipper works - both sides of the hammock can be entered/exited via zipper entry. It is one long continuous zipper with 2 pulls that meet in the middle. Both ends are on the same "end" of the hammock. When the bugnet is zipped back, it can be stuffed in a pocket at the end of the hammock. Love that setup.

owfinc.com - great place for coil zippers, and very helpful.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Three words: Coil Zipper tape.

I like the way the Clark zipper works - both sides of the hammock can be entered/exited via zipper entry. It is one long continuous zipper with 2 pulls that meet in the middle. Both ends are on the same "end" of the hammock. When the bugnet is zipped back, it can be stuffed in a pocket at the end of the hammock. Love that setup.

owfinc.com - great place for coil zippers, and very helpful.
    That is a pretty good idea. It would have been hard to make that turn at the end on the HH. The idea for me was to be able to take the bugnet off when I did not need it not just roll it back...you know, to save weight....Oh wait, you DONT know. LOL

Adam

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    That is a pretty good idea. It would have been hard to make that turn at the end on the HH. The idea for me was to be able to take the bugnet off when I did not need it not just roll it back...you know, to save weight....Oh wait, you DONT know. LOL

Adam
    At least I didn't leave a trail full of gear on my way in. Seriously, dude - it's on! I will have the most awesome "shmackbackinglight" Shmultra-lite pack you have ever seen on our next hike, lighter than your rig, guaranteed!

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    At least I didn't leave a trail full of gear on my way in.
    I'm never going to live that down am I?

Yay, I like contests!

Adam

Oh yeah, anyone want to buy a hammock? lol

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Somebody buy Stormcrow's hammock, already! (You may have to post it on E-bay!)

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    I'm talking to ZQ about this as I read this thread. She's not convinced that the bugnet would hold up if the zipper tape is sewn to the bugnet on both sides versus one side to the body of the hammock. Bugnet might be tougher than I think, but we've already had several folks come to us asking for repairs because of ripped netting. Some we can fix if it is at the hammock hem and we can perform the mod, some need to go back to Hennessy. ZQ is careful not to compromise the integrity of the hammock with the zipper mods. Plus in her eyes it looks better on a Hennessy to go to the ends. Also, with the mod #2, when unzipped, the hammock is completely wide open. Something I really like.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Get some pics up, Adam, so people can see what you are talking about!

Images
    sigh...well there in lies the whole zipper conundrum...lol. 2questions (the zipper king since his wife is surely the zipper Queen) and I discussed this at the Mt Rogers hang. It would be great to have a completely removable/interchangeable bugnet/overshield thing going on. The problem is finding zippers that long that have all of the parts for making it detachable. They just dont seem to make them that long. I think THAT is the only reason we have not seen that mod offered by 2Questions wife (mod 4 if there was one). Sorry, probably too much info..

Where my zipper mod stands now. I have the zippers installed on both ends but they are not completely finished because I had not decided how I want to finish them. Right now I can either treat it like it is a normal zipper mod and just zip/unzip it where I want and throw the rest over the ridgeline or roll it up out of the way OR I can completely remove it...IF I want to mess with slipping the zipper back on the chain, which is kind of a pain in the butt. I am sorry for this long post, especally if it made no sense. My next move would be to shoot some pics (which I should do anyway since I am trying to sell it).

The buyer can tell me how they want me to finish the zippers. Either leave them how i have them (completely functional...just dont zip/unzip too far or you have to reinstall the zipper) or I can sew a stop in them wherever.

Adam
    Which mod is this? Is this mod #2? And is this the mod made by 2qs? Sorry, I get confused on this. I notice that the #2 mod made by 2Q, though it is not a removable net to save weight, does roll up completely out of the way?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Adam is doing the zipper mod himself, it sounds like. He's probably taking pics right now, knowing him.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Adam is doing the zipper mod himself, it sounds like. He's probably taking pics right now, knowing him.
    Yes I am doing the mod myself. You can roll it completely out of the way but you can not take it off. I had to go read bed time stories and then I fell asleep! Seems like that happens alot...LOL. I will have some photos tmw. I think I am going back to sleep.

Adam

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast