Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ummmm.....hate to ask, but...

Steve, didn't we plan on having the first Hoosier Hang in the Deam, but had to move it to the Nebo Ridge area due to the number of attendees? Since the Deam is a Wilderness Area, isn't there a limit of 10 in a group? I don't think this hang has ever been below twice that number....
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Ummmm.....hate to ask, but...

Steve, didn't we plan on having the first Hoosier Hang in the Deam, but had to move it to the Nebo Ridge area due to the number of attendees? Since the Deam is a Wilderness Area, isn't there a limit of 10 in a group? I don't think this hang has ever been below twice that number....
    Ah, Shucks,,heres the rules..

US Forest Service
    Brownstown Ranger District
    811 Constitution Avenue
    Bedford, IN 47421
    Phone: 812-275-5987
    Hoosier National Forest website

WILDERNESS ETIQUETTE AND REGULATIONS
    All saddle, pack, or draft animals must be kept on trails posted or otherwise designated for horse use. Trails authorized for horse use are marked by brown plastic posts with a decal depicting a horseback rider. Other areas are closed to horse use, but hiking is allowed anywhere within the area. (See map on reverse for trail system).
    Trail Use Permits are required for riding a horse on the Hoosier N. F. Permits may be purchased as annual permits ($35/year) or day-use tags ($5/day) from Hoosier N.F. offices and some local stores. A tag is required for each adult rider. Horseback riders 16 years of age and younger are exempt from the permit requirement. A permit tag is not required for foals without a rider or pack stock. Annual permits must be signed.
    Camping is prohibited within 100 yards of Tower Ridge Road between Highway 446 and the junction of Hickory Ridge Road (1500 W) and Maumee Road (1150 N). Note: Camping is still permitted within Blackwell Horse Camp.
    Camping within 100 feet of ponds, lakes, trails, or streams is allowed only on designated sites. Walk-in camping throughout the rest of the wilderness area is not restricted.
    Parking is allowed along Tower Ridge Road in only three locations: Blackwell Horse Camp, Grubb Ridge Trailhead, and the Hickory Ridge Fire Tower.
    Use of wheeled vehicles, including carts, wagons, or bicycles, is prohibited within the wilderness area.
    Campsites must be occupied the first night, and may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours without permission. Camping is limited to 14 days.
    The only food or beverage containers permitted within the Wilderness are those intended for reuse or burnable packaging. Spray paint is not allowed in the Wilderness. Cans and glass bottles are not allowed. If you packed it in, pack it back out. Never bury garbage.
    Hunting is permitted in the Wilderness. Target shooting or practicing is not allowed.
    Stock may not be tied within reach of any living tree.
    Group size is limited to 10 persons or less.

Now that I think about this,,we are not hiking in as a group,,just meeting in the woods,,,and your definitely not going to run into a Ranger back in the woods. Besides,,they have been sequestered.
    Last edited by Acer; 03-20-2013 at 20:38.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear DCF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    I like the idea of going somewhere new. Put me down for the crescent valley. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer.ron.99 View Post
    I like the idea of going somewhere new. Put me down for the crescent valley. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Cool, it will be great to see you.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Ah, Shucks,,heres the rules..

US Forest Service
    Brownstown Ranger District
    811 Constitution Avenue
    Bedford, IN 47421
    Phone: 812-275-5987
    Hoosier National Forest website

WILDERNESS ETIQUETTE AND REGULATIONS
    All saddle, pack, or draft animals must be kept on trails posted or otherwise designated for horse use. Trails authorized for horse use are marked by brown plastic posts with a decal depicting a horseback rider. Other areas are closed to horse use, but hiking is allowed anywhere within the area. (See map on reverse for trail system).
    Trail Use Permits are required for riding a horse on the Hoosier N. F. Permits may be purchased as annual permits ($35/year) or day-use tags ($5/day) from Hoosier N.F. offices and some local stores. A tag is required for each adult rider. Horseback riders 16 years of age and younger are exempt from the permit requirement. A permit tag is not required for foals without a rider or pack stock. Annual permits must be signed.
    Camping is prohibited within 100 yards of Tower Ridge Road between Highway 446 and the junction of Hickory Ridge Road (1500 W) and Maumee Road (1150 N). Note: Camping is still permitted within Blackwell Horse Camp.
    Camping within 100 feet of ponds, lakes, trails, or streams is allowed only on designated sites. Walk-in camping throughout the rest of the wilderness area is not restricted.
    Parking is allowed along Tower Ridge Road in only three locations: Blackwell Horse Camp, Grubb Ridge Trailhead, and the Hickory Ridge Fire Tower.
    Use of wheeled vehicles, including carts, wagons, or bicycles, is prohibited within the wilderness area.
    Campsites must be occupied the first night, and may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours without permission. Camping is limited to 14 days.
    The only food or beverage containers permitted within the Wilderness are those intended for reuse or burnable packaging. Spray paint is not allowed in the Wilderness. Cans and glass bottles are not allowed. If you packed it in, pack it back out. Never bury garbage.
    Hunting is permitted in the Wilderness. Target shooting or practicing is not allowed.
    Stock may not be tied within reach of any living tree.
    Group size is limited to 10 persons or less.

Now that I think about this,,we are not hiking in as a group,,just meeting in the woods,,,and your definitely not going to run into a Ranger back in the woods. Besides,,they have been sequestered.
    Does anyone have a real problem with this? We will split up in several groups once most of us gets there.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Gabe, Brandon and I are meeting Sat at 1PM at the tower on tower road to hike into Crescent Valley and spend the night. Anyone, Everyone is invited.
    Last edited by Mule; 03-21-2013 at 18:24.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I am adding this post so the word gets out.
    Hey everyone, I wanted to make sure you got the message. Breck is having a hike to Panther Creek next weekend. It's a beauiuful place you all will be glad you discovered.
    Check the hike out here:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=71796

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123