Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Don't know where else to put this?

But, in the cycling world a lot of bike shops do a saddle loaner program where they have a set of demo saddles, or bikes even, that a customer can try prior to purchasing. Would it be possible for the major hammock manufacturers to have a demo hammock program so that indecisive people like me didn't have to buy and try and sell (or return) a barely used hammock? I know it might not be possible for some of the smaller companies, but it's just a thought. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Don't know where else to put this?

Along the lines of an official demo, Trail Days in Damascus comes closest that I can think of.

Of course, group hangs have a random sampling of many hammocks; especially larger ones like the Florida Hang which had about 100 attendees. Everyone is eager to let you try theirs.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Re: Don't know where else to put this?

Yeah, I already went back to ground. I was just trying to help the next guy so he didn't have to go thru all the heart break like me.
    Travel Journal: http://clackstont100.weebly.com/

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    Yeah, I already went back to ground. I was just trying to help the next guy so he didn't have to go thru all the heart break like me.
    CB what happened brother?!

You were super enthusiastic, tried two different types of hammocks, and you went back to the ground?! Do tell....

Yeah really....

Well I'll be at Mohican Friday night. I'll be using a Ridgerunner, if you'd like to check it out. I HIGHLY recommend giving this hammock a shot. I can lay COMFORTABLY on my stomach, just like home. I really can't convey how comfy it was and although they're more unstable than gathered ends, which are fool proof, it wasn't even in the ballpark of how bad I thought it'd be based on some reviews I'd read.

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I still am all enthusiastic!!! Just had a choice to make and for me hammock's weren't it. I roll around A LOT when I sleep and just couldn't do it in a gathered end hammock. The set up took longer, the weight was higher. I wound up ponying up for a L NeoAir Xlite and a TT Contrail. Less weight, setup takes less than 2 minutes and less bulk in my pack. I still keep and tinker with my Ghost Hammock I made, and will probably still make gear etc just to have a full hammock setup. Just isn't my primary means of backpacking anymore. I know people suggest the bridge hammocks, but they are just too heavy to justify their existance in my pack.

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Well I'll be at Mohican Friday night. I'll be using a Ridgerunner, if you'd like to check it out. I HIGHLY recommend giving this hammock a shot. I can lay COMFORTABLY on my stomach, just like home. I really can't convey how comfy it was and although they're more unstable than gathered ends, which are fool proof, it wasn't even in the ballpark of how bad I thought it'd be based on some reviews I'd read.
    Mighty kind of you, but the RR, Spindrift, Cloudburst and 20 Lynx was my first setup. I ended up selling it all in favor of a custom hammock by Papa Smurf, a HG UQ and a WB Spinn tarp. Most of which I recently sold. It was an AWESOME hammock, but just too heavy and bulky for my needs.

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    I still am all enthusiastic!!! Just had a choice to make and for me hammock's weren't it. I roll around A LOT when I sleep and just couldn't do it in a gathered end hammock. The set up took longer, the weight was higher. I wound up ponying up for a L NeoAir Xlite and a TT Contrail. Less weight, setup takes less than 2 minutes and less bulk in my pack. I still keep and tinker with my Ghost Hammock I made, and will probably still make gear etc just to have a full hammock setup. Just isn't my primary means of backpacking anymore. I know people suggest the bridge hammocks, but they are just too heavy to justify their existance in my pack.
    Cool man, sounds reasonable....NOT! haha JK man....hike on!

Mighty kind of you, but the RR, Spindrift, Cloudburst and 20 Lynx was my first setup. I ended up selling it all in favor of a custom hammock by Papa Smurf, a HG UQ and a WB Spinn tarp. Most of which I recently sold. It was an AWESOME hammock, but just too heavy and bulky for my needs.
    haha, go figure well I ain't tellin' you nothin' you don't already know then

How did you like that Lynx? Was it pretty "set-it-and-forget-it"?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast