Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camper XL

Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Can it be undone?
    Yes it's a easy adjustment with cord locks so you can custom adjust it. It does not even have to be used and you can use one end and not the other. You adjust it however you like..

It's really is simple to use.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    +1 and 2 on the Knotty mods. (because i have two of them) Pulls loose material in under control around the head, and provides custom footbox.

Undoing or putting one into action is as simple as adjusting a cord lock on shock cord. Remarkable results for such a little mod.

Thank You Knotty for coming up with it, and thank you to BIAS for picking up on a good thing, respecting it's origin, and incorporating it as part of their great offerings.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    BIAS Camper XL DIY Bugnet
    Tarp
    Camo poly
    Insulation
    Blue ccf
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Camper XL

Man that hammock looks HUGE, haha. Do you use it to camp or is that your bed now?

Man that hammock looks HUGE, haha. Do you use it to camp or is that your bed now?
    Both.....

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Spaceweasel is a backpacker and he's often torn. I've had this talk with him. He takes the lighter hammock on his hikes, but uses his XL for lounging and on car camping escapades (if memory serves). But he also has a pair of hammocks for every day of the week... getting him nailed down to "you can only have one hammock" is like getting a pro golfer to choose only one club for his bag.

I'm a "one hammock for most uses" kind of guy. I love the Camper XL and find its comfort is amazing. That said, I'd go with the Camper for a good mix of portability and comfort (this is that "one hammock" I'd pick if I picked "one hammock"), though if I leaned toward comfort only, I could see the case for the XL. And bigger guys? They just need the XL. 11 feet x 72 inches is massive comfort even for taller folks.

For what it's worth, my current pack contains a double layer Hiker Lite which started off as a prototype tester, but it grew on me. After a year of use, I am considering swapping it out for another prototype if I find time to make it.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

So true......
    I take a micro on the long hikes but the XL is my comfort bed...

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    You need send me your extra one

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo poly
    Insulation
    Blue ccf
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Camper XL

Pulled the trigger on the camper XL with knotty mod and adjustable ridgeline! Super excited. Love laying in my grand trunk ultralight but really wish I could just sprawl out more. Thanks for everyone's help answering my newbie questions and to Brian at BIAS for great communication as input! Highly recommend for their customer service. Will post back my thoughts on the item after an overnight which I'm sure will be incredible!

Pulled the trigger on the camper XL with knotty mod and adjustable ridgeline! Super excited. Love laying in my grand trunk ultralight but really wish I could just sprawl out more. Thanks for everyone's help answering my newbie questions and to Brian at BIAS for great communication as input! Highly recommend for their customer service. Will post back my thoughts on the item after an overnight which I'm sure will be incredible!
    Great choice
    Happy hanging

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo poly
    Insulation
    Blue ccf
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Camper XL

I'm actually about to board a plane to Peru for a week and a half. I'm Peruvian so I get to see a bunch of family. Machu Pichu is definitely on the docket. I have my grand trunk in my pack and am hoping I can get a pic of me hanging with the ruins behind me

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast