Hello to the DIY Forum - Just posted my 1st thread in HF over in the Introductions forum, and now ready to start on my DIY hammock. I'd like to use this thread to ask questions to the community and post updates.

Info about myself - 6 ft. - 205 lbs. I've never hung before, and have never seen any of the different hammocks in person, but I'm looking forward to my 1st hang.

I'm planning on a design based on TheXringHunt's thread on his DIY WBBB, which in turn is based on a combo of the Black Goat Gear and 1022's "WarBird". Mine will be an 11 ft. DL using 1.1 ripstop I purchased from DIY Gear Supply. I'll use TheXringHunt's 11 ft. pattern. I decided on DL instead of SL based on my size, the 1.1 oz. material, and the desire to keep the blood-suckers away.

Which brings my 1st Question - Any feedback regarding my selection of the 11 ft. length? I'm open to changing if it's the wrong size for me.

Followed by my 2nd question - In a DL WBBB clone, is the footbox / shelf piece as well as the zipper ribbon piece for the other side also DL, or are they SL? I know there's a reinforcing piece to go along with the footbox/shelf, but again am not sure whether they should be DL or SL.

Since it's been a little while since I've done any thread injection (40 yrs.), I'm going to start by taking TheXringHunt's 8 ft. pattern and make a half-size model first, to get back my formerly well honed skills. Only I'm going to make it SL - don't see a real reason for making it a DL.

Anyway, thanks for any info related to my ???'s. As I get deeper into the 'gators, I'll be back seeking more advice and showing my progress.