Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps

WTB Blackbishop Bag

Okay, I've searched everywhere and I can't find out where to buy one. I need it to carry my hammock, UQ, and WMbag. JustJeff's site tells how to make a single one, but from folks descriptions, I think I need a double one. Thanks!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The BB sacks aren't commercially available. They were a creation of blackbishop351. Warbonnet hammocks come with a double ended stuff sack. It's the closest thing available to a BB sack. He may be able to make a custom size for you.

It's pretty easy to make your own with a standard stuff sack. Burn a hole in the bottom of the bag just large enough to pass your suspension lines through.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Thanks headchange4u, maybe someone has an extra they'd like to get rid of???? I tried fitting everything into an old compression sack, but it didn't fit... If I can't get one here, I may have to buy a bigger sack and try the hole in the end thing.

Hammock
    DIY Cuben
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    down,over & under
    Images
    I modified my cuben back pac, to become a b bishop like bag. my hammock with my uq (uq flipped into the hamm. my over q, also in the hammock . the whole package is in my pac. one end comes out of the bottom of the pac, the other end out of the top of the pac, most of my other gear is carried in a 6 in X 12 in cylindrical front pac. (I do carry some heavier food articles in the bottom of the pac, I take them out prior to hanging, and they are put into the pac the last thing before closing the bottom of the pac, with velcro) upon hanging ,the pac. is still around one end of the hanging strap. this way I have the pac always above ground. the empty pac is used to store articles , like clothing kits etc.)My tarp is carried outside the pac. a bit hard to discribe but works like butter! gnome

Hammock
    DIY Cuben
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    down,over & under
    Images

bishop like bag

I modified my cuben back pac, to become a b bishop like bag. my hammock with my uq (uq flipped into the hamm. my over q, also in the hammock . the whole package is in my pac. one end comes out of the bottom of the pac, the other end out of the top of the pac, most of my other gear is carried in a 6 in X 12 in cylindrical front pac. (I do carry some heavier food articles in the bottom of the pac, I take them out prior to hanging, and they are put into the pac the last thing before closing the bottom of the pac, with velcro) upon hanging ,the pac. is still around one end of the hanging strap. this way I have the pac always above ground. the empty pac is used to store articles , like clothing kits etc.)My tarp is carried outside the pac. a bit hard to discribe but works like butter! gnome

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    The BB sacks aren't commercially available. They were a creation of blackbishop351. Warbonnet hammocks come with a double ended stuff sack. It's the closest thing available to a BB sack. He may be able to make a custom size for you.

It's pretty easy to make your own with a standard stuff sack. Burn a hole in the bottom of the bag just large enough to pass your suspension lines through.
    Is anything special needed for the burning tool? A lighter, a soldering iron, or something else? So is it best to just burn the hole to start with, or cut a hole and then burn/melt around the edges?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Is anything special needed for the burning tool? A lighter, a soldering iron, or something else? So is it best to just burn the hole to start with, or cut a hole and then burn/melt around the edges?
    I make my BishopBags from silnylon stuffsacks using the following method. I'm not sure it is the best method, or even a good one, but it works for me.

- Mark the hole placement and size with a marker.
    - Stretch the fabric over the top of a wide glass with the mark in the center, and place a rubber band around the outside. This holds it in place well while you work.
    - Heat up a needle with a lighter or candle.
    - Use the needle to carefully burn through the material, reheating as necessary.

Using a grommet instead would be a neater method, but I've never tried it.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    The ones blackbishop made did not have the hole burnt through. It was just part of the bag. If you PM me, I'd be happy to discuss making one Red Hat.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    The ones blackbishop made did not have the hole burnt through. It was just part of the bag. If you PM me, I'd be happy to discuss making one Red Hat.
    I knew one of our resident DIY'ers would step up.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I bought several waterproof stuff sacs on sale. One of them was the right size for my HH + SS with OCF pad, so I burned a hole in the bottom by heating up a phillips screw driver that's just a bit smaller than the HH suspension line. Angry's hot needle method is better, if you have the patience.

I wanted to use an inexpensive, waterproof stuff sac because I might change it out for a smaller or larger bag, depending on the weather or season. It's easier to burn holes than to make an entire sac!

For a really warm trip, I would not take the SS, so I would need a smaller stuff sac. For a really cold trip, I might add the KAQ to the SS, and stuff it all together in one big compression bag.

One requires options! (...and duct tape, to cover holes that are no longer in use!)
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts