Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

hello from Indpls IN

i have not done much camping in a long time, but decided to try and get back into it last year and bought a bunch of stuff, and did a little last summer when i had the time and it was not too hot and humid. and i quickly learned that sleeping on the ground was terrible, when did it become so painful, when i was a kid i loved it, i still enjoyed it but it just took a couple hours after i got up for the aches and pains to go away. Well a few weeks ago i decided i was going to get into doing some hiking this year and try to use that as a way to be more active and maybe loose a little weight, and was watching some videos on hiking on Youtube in different locations and stumbled onto a video of Fronkey hiking and Hammock Camping and his personallity and humor captured my attention along with the idea of Hammock Camping, i have laid around in a Hammock befor but never thought of camping in one, after watching many of his and Shug's videos i decided to buy a ENO Double Nest Hammock and give it a try, so i hope i didnt bore anybody, , i have to say tha Shugs is probably one of the most hilarious people i have seen ever, his impersination of the guy from Sling Blade is great

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of good hiking and hanging in the charles deam wilderness. There is group hang ( Called the Hoosier Hang)coming up in april. Look up under trip planning. Lots of helpful people and lots and lots of gear to boggle the mind...
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Happy to hear you are getting out on the trail. Welcome to the forums dude!

Fronkey

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG under quilt
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Welcome to the forum

Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    thanks guys, i did read the thread about the Hoosier Hang, and still currently awaiting the arrival of my hammock via ebay purchase and have alot of gear to aquire yet but would love to attend the Hoosier Hang if i am able to get everything together, i dont have the finances for some of the nicer lighter packs so i am going with a Alice Pack on a Mollee Frame which is on the heavy side but should have plenty room, may have to wait for next year to participate in the Hoosier Hang but who knows,

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images

hello from Indpls IN

Welcome to the madness! The Hoosier hang is just a short hike from the parking area so don't worry too much about weight, we would be happy to have ya. If there is anything in particular you need that is stopping you from gettin out there just pm me and I will do what i can to help. Hang Easy!
    Red

Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    i appreciate that Shotgun, , i just informed the wifey that im thinking about going and just need to see if i can get the time off work, and go through my gear and figure out what all i need, when and where is everybody meeting for this event.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S
    Insulation
    HG Incu-Burrow
    Suspension
    War Buckle
    Images

hello from Indpls IN

• + New Posts