I have just recently decided to give up my tent and take to the air. On Friday I received my Warbonnet BB (dbl 1.7, OD green) from Brandon and set it up in the backyard last night. Weatherwise, it was only down to about 40* but we had winds gusting 10-20 so it was breezy. Since I haven't received my SWT or my GG evazote pads I set up last night under a 6x8 yard tarp I had (set on the diagonal) and just stuffed my Thermarest prolite 4 in for padding. I used a 15* down bag as a quilt a small pillow under my knees and another under my head and was mostly comfortable all night. Clothingwise I wore gym socks, fleece pants and a longsleeve Tshirt, w/ no hat.

Since my pad was only 20" wide it did not give any shoulder coverage and when I shifted my position I found out real quick if I was off the pad, but comfortwise the rest was fantastic! I slept like a baby.

When I set up in my back yard I was forced to use a tree on one end and had to connect about 20' away w/ the other to my kids wooden swingset (4x4 post). I don't know if its the hammock being new, the distance or what but the first time I set it up at comfortable sitting height & got in I settled all the way down and brushed the ground. So out I climbed and reset the rigging at =/- 6' and tightened the rigging (straps/tri buckles) so that I had to kind of stretch up to get in the hammock. Once in it again settled down, not quite so low, but I did get out and readjust the strap tightness to raise the hammock again. After this when I got in the hammock stayed about 18" off the ground. Is this normal? I'm a big guy 6'2" 260# so I certainly added to the stretch factor. Will the system remain stretched so I don't have to reset / adjust height everytime? I'm guessing that hanging between two closer trees would also make things easier.

Being so new to this, I welcome everyone's advice and input and look forward to getting to know you folks. Before taking this step and joining the BB club I read hundreds of posts on here and got alot of info on the gear, recommendations etc... and I really appreciate everyones knowledge. Thanks Brandon for what seems like a great piece of gear, I look forward to many years of solid use. Next step is probably getting my 10 year old son a hammock and see how he likes it.