With the words "sil nylon" being in so many thread it was hard to find the answer to this question so I just thought I wound ask and see what answers I could get. Oh, and if someone DOES know the thread I am looking for..link me baby!

Now the question. I got some really light silnylon from Joannes and I am just wondering about water proofness again. Does this light weight nylon HOLD water or just shed it really well? Of course I know there are many different makers of the cloth but I am making a poncho out of the stuff so..

I have read about the "misting" sometimes encountered with sil nylon tarps. I have also heard some people talking about this material breathing and others saying it doesnt. I must be confusing too much information or something.

The test I did last night was simple. I just used a rubber band to make a pocket of the material over a 12oz cup. I then filled the pocket with about 3 in of water. It did not pour right though but it did eventually all get though in less than 15 min I would say.

I will be a little sad if my poncho wont work because it turned out fairly well...

Adam