Thread: My Clark NX-150

My Clark NX-150

These were just some pics of my nx150 out on a couple outings. In the pictures the suspension was converted from factory to whoopies slings from whoopieslings.com. But since then I decided to go to a cinch buckle suspension from ArrowHead Equipment mainly because I found it difficult for me to adjust the whoopie slings when I had any kind of weight in the hammock especially if it was somewhat cold. I hope to add underquilt later but for now I rely on a Big Agnes insulated 15 degree pad with Big Agnes lost ranger down 15 degree sleeping bag to keep me from sliding off the pad when in the hammock.
    The tarp in the pics is the XL version, I would like to get the vertex later maybe or a larger tarp like the old man winter by wilderness logics or similar later on for the door options. I do hang this tarp over a ridgeline b/c it seems to hold better than just tying the ends to other anchor points and reduces sag overnight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

My Clark NX-150

Is there anything you don't like about your hammock? I'm kinda in love with the North America or the 250 but can't get over to price.
    Carpe noctem!!

I guess the price would be the primary thing to swallow for anyone I do like my hammock, the only thing I really struggled with in buying it was whether it was going to be to small but with research against ppl similarly sized I chose to go for it. I am 6 foot and 180 and comfortable but would love the 250 for the room but I believe I would rather have the less weight and be fine with the 150.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

My Clark NX-150

In Canada Clark hammocks cost more than is even reasonable. Like ten times an eno. I don't think it will happen for a few years. Unless the lotto pays off!
    Carpe noctem!!

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

You get what you pay for in a competitive market

Look at the price of the Warbonnet Blackbird. Now look at the price of WarbonnetGuy's new model, with the included and functionally similar weather-shield.

Now, add the cost of pockets / saddlebags, and correctly value the included tarp @ $100 -$130.

Like Warbonnet products, made in the US.

By all means: DIY can be a great way to get features at lower total cost. Another fine Hammock Forum.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Trail, nice pics and nice set-up! I picked up the Hennesy Explorer Deluxe as my first camping hammock to see if I would like it. Only been on one hang and yep, addicted! The NX-250 is a steep price but I can see why and plan to get one. Glad you like yours! I'm the 6'2 195-200 range and it's the extra length that points to the 250 for me. Looks like you had a blast and you had company out hanging as well. I've managed to have a few friends get used to flopping in my Eno DN in my living room (yes, a nice steel hammock stand works indoors, especially when laying back and playing Forza 4) and they are thinking how much more fun it might be to camp that way, too.

Glad to see another Clark in use!

Hammock
    Hammeck netty & NX-270
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix 40*
    Suspension
    Whoopy-Slings
    Nice pics! I'm planning on getting a 150 or 250 this spring.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I have the NX 250 with the same pad and sleeping bag from Big Agnes. I love it!!! Looking into underquilts. I have slept in mine in the high 20's... a little cool, but not miserable.

• + New Posts