Hammock
    WB's BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 20dUQTQ, HG Ph
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Once in a while I sell something on Kijiji and I have to say I get all kinds answering my ads sometimes. No matter what you have to offer and how much you are offering it for, majority of the responses go something like this;
    - I'll give you half/or they offer half
    - what's the lowest you will go
    - I'll give you $x (which is usually some ridiculous amount)

No one seems to want to fight for my rights in such cases, but to be honest I really don't care. In fact I usually don't respond to emails such as those or I have fun responding; when can I get the other half?

I was once selling something and locally and someone emailed (did not post this on the site I was selling it on) me informing me that this item was available on sale at so and so and would I sell it for x. I checked out the sale and said sure.

The OP has chosen to fight only for the prospective buyer and not the seller, one could easily take the other side and make a valid argument, in fact that's what a lot have done here. Nothing wrong with that imho.

Most importantly I have never seen a single item posted here where someone was truly getting "gouged". Unless you mean that a lot of items can be purchased at certain times of the year for 20% off from the original manufacturer, then everyone is getting gouged all the time. I also never get the feeling that anyone here is intentionally trying to rip off anyone, ever!

Perhaps this is less a matter of price police rather than of morals police. It's not something I would do because perhaps I just don't have all the facts. I also think people are free to make their own choices both in how they act and how much they want to charge for something that they are selling. If you don't want to buy it there, then buy it where you want.

HYOH

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I'm surprised this thread wasn't closed after the initial "we're not changing anything" response.
    I was thinking the same thing.

The mods govern the forum for the good of the community at large. It's as simple as that. Some rules have changed over the last 6 years. For the better of the community. Some I didn't like or agree with, but their logic is sound and not without careful consideration, I'm sure. For those of us that migrated over from WB, getting beat up for a post or reply was the norm. That was mob mentality. And that's why I haven't participated of that forum since way back when. Here, civility rules, and that is why I log on just about every day.

The OP asked a question, the Mods explained, those opined, and the Mods responded.

Time to all take a nap in our hammocks......
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ- MacCat
    Insulation
    Leighlo, JRB MT 4
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I'm surprised this thread wasn't closed after the initial "we're not changing anything" response.
    Me too. I cant believe its still going.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Third request is the charm.
    I think questions have been answered and opinions made known. I second SoundWitness's motion that we retire to our hammocks for a nap.

Motion is approved. This thread is closed.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456