GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    But it is mine until someone pays me what I want for it.
    Boom. That's how it should work. If you don't want to pay the seller's asking price, that's fine; you can make an offer you are comfortable with or you can just not buy it...

In the day and age of the almighty Google, if you pay more than what something costs new because you failed to do your research then that's your problem. No need to drag hard feelings into someone's FS thread over it.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Matt, I know you think you have us cornered! But, I would add:
    This letter may be a bit overwhelming for those people who are still soundly asleep in a world of make-believe and television and who don't want to hear how it's time for Matt Blick to face the music. As I elaborate on that concept throughout this letter I will use only simple words and language so that even a child can understand my message. Yes, even a child should know that at no time in the past did detestable, ostentatious skites shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. Although I've reached the end of this letter, I'm not going to sit down. I'm not going to shut up. I'm only going to redouble my efforts to act honorably.

I need to get something out of the way before I begin. I must say that Billybob justifies his thievery by saying things like, "It's for the good of society". Please note that many of the conclusions I'm about to draw are based on cogent and virtually incontrovertible evidence provided by a set of people who have suffered immensely on account of Billybob. He will truly damage the debate about this issue in that we will have to spend lots of time correcting misunderstandings that are directly attributable to his declamations. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that his intent is to prevent us from asking questions. Billybob doesn't want the details checked. He doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts he presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of his "facts" are false. Let me end this letter by challenging my readers to plant markers that define the limits of what is bloody-minded and what is not. Are you with me, or with the forces of sadism and oppression?
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3/SSniveller
    Suspension
    Tri-Glide Set
    If you think an item in which you are you are interested is priced too high, make an offer via PM. If you are not interested in the item, what difference does the asking price make? BTW I am more than easily confused. YMMV
    Still shakin' it Boss, still shakin' it.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Pasting auto-generated quotes into this thread isn't helping anyone. It's just trolling.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Pasting auto-generated quotes into this thread isn't helping anyone. It's just trolling.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Things were entirely too serious anyway!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I'm surprised this thread wasn't closed after the initial "we're not changing anything" response.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist! Things were entirely too serious anyway!
    ain't that the truth
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

It's About Respect & What Works!

Quote Originally Posted by mattblick View Post
    Mcochran28 the content of this thread indicates to me that HFFS posters are encouraged to gouge as long as an ignorant buyer is willing. The feelings of the seller are more important. You are not permitted to point out that a gouge may be occurring. Although such an act might help the cash-strapped or ignorant noobs, it is not beneficial to the HF elite whom this board is here to serve.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Have you read the Sticky at the top of the For Sale Thread? For Sale/Want To Buy Forum Rules. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

At the bottom it states:
    Guidelines -
    1. Use thoughtful caution when purchasing. Consider how long has the member been on the forum, and the amount of the transaction.

2. Communicate clearly, frequently, and calmly. This eliminates frustration for both buyers and sellers.

The buyer is an adult. They can do their own research.

This forum has been here for a number of years and has dealt with this issue before. They set up a set of rules and guidelines after years of trying to figure out what is fair for all, & what works.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube
    N. Calif. Boggs Mt Hangout - May 10-12, 2013

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    - Because it's rude, and it creates needless friction in the threads.

- Because items are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, not what 'the cheapest possible price anywhere' happens to be. Often, a person is quite happy to pay more if they know the history of an item or can get it quickly.

- Because the seller may be simply recouping funds when they sell something they themselves paid a higher price for. There's nothing wrong with that, especially if the buyer is happy with the price.

The marketplace here isn't about delivering the best deals to buyers. It's about having a place to exchange goods between members at prices that are agreeable to both parties.

If you're concerned about the price of an item, then research it for yourself. And a polite PM to the seller may be appropriate. But the price policing rule definitely serves a purpose, and we're going to keep it.
    Oooh. Worth quoting with attribution, or re-purposing elsewhere.

Cogent. Crisp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblick View Post
    You are not permitted to point out that a gouge may be occurring.
    There is a little red button with an "!" in it below your avatar. If you hover your pointer over it, it will tell you it is to "Report Post". If you believe someone is trying to "gouge" someone, report away. The Mods receive the Reported Posts and do our job.

That may not be as satisfying for you since it won't be made public on the forums that you were the buyer's savior, but it is rather effective if your intentions are in fact noble.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast