Question ENO DN Ridgeline

Just last week I bought myself a ENO DN. I want to put a Ridgeline on to it. I have searched the forum and haven't found the info that unwanted. So I will just ask the questions I have.

First off what kind and how much chord should I use? I weigh 300 lbs will this effect what I can use? One I have the material how do I go about putting it on? I don't really want to spend that much money.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thumbs up Double Nest ridgeline

I also have a Double Nest. I use 1.75mm lash it for a ridgeline. However I weigh 215. Maybe 2.2mm will work fine, or if you feel safer use something heavier, and it doesn't have to be high tech, just strong enough to hold. It's your call. I like something light and strong, just a preference. If it does snap, you won't suffer horrific injury, just a bit of surprise.
    I measured with a tape measure from exactly where I was attaching the ridgeline on one side to exactly where i was attaching the ridgeline on the other side. Multiply the figure by 83%. That should be right for the ridgeline length. Mine is adjustable on one end, 86.5" whoopie sling out of 1.75mm lash it. I gave 2" adjustment either way just in case. I lay diagonally with no calf pressure. Never had an issue, ever. Well, excluding the Mrs. HYOH

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Chinook & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Kelty LTYR, JCP UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've been using a 11 foot length of 550 Paracord on my DN. I just tied a small loop with a bowline knot at the head end and an adjustable loop with a rolling hitch at the foot end. I've replaced the stock rope & carabiner with a amsteel continuous loop & SMC ring and my ridgeline runs between the rings. I currently have the length set at about 96 inches (83% distance between rings). The paracord was just a cheap solution for me, picked up 100' for $8, but it is a little bulky and does have some stretch to it.

I just got a spool of Lash-It 2.2mm last week and have upgraded my ridgeline to that. 1.75mm is rated at 500 lbs and 2.2mm is rated at 650 lbs. I weigh 230 and either would have worked. Keep in mind, the force on your ridgeline is much less than on your suspension, if you hang at the proper 30* angle. If you don't want to buy a whole spool like I did, you can buy it from Dutch's site in 25 foot lengths for pretty cheap and it's not that hard to splice yourself.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    I replaced my stock ENO suspension with whoopies. I used an adjustable ridge line from arrowhead and attached it to the whoopies as I ran them through the ends. It hangs better, and I can play Bass on the ridge line while I relax.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Thanks for all the great info. For those of you who do have DN where is your Ridgeline at? On the rope loop at the end or on the carabiners?

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Strap w/ Beet

ENO DN Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    I replaced my stock ENO suspension with whoopies. I used an adjustable ridge line from arrowhead and attached it to the whoopies as I ran them through the ends. It hangs better, and I can play Bass on the ridge line while I relax.
    Where does your ridgeline attach? Close to the gathered end or did u move it up some?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Functionally you can attach a ridgeline to any point you want, but you'll have the best results with it if attached at the gather of the hammock. It's the easiest place to get a secure attachment as well as being able to take your length measurements from the hammock it self.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Strap w/ Beet

ENO DN Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Functionally you can attach a ridgeline to any point you want, but you'll have the best results with it if attached at the gather of the hammock. It's the easiest place to get a secure attachment as well as being able to take your length measurements from the hammock it self.
    Thanks.! Can't wait to hang it up.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by VT ONETIME View Post
    Where does your ridgeline attach? Close to the gathered end or did u move it up some?
    Replace the ropes with whoopies. Put the whoopies through the end, then put the ridge line on the Whoopie. Then pass the Whoopie through again. There's a video showing how to replace the ropes with whoopies. I just added the ridge line... It's not going anywhere. I tried a few different ways to hang it, but this seems the lightest and easiest.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

ENO DN Ridgeline

Quote Originally Posted by Theosus View Post
    Replace the ropes with whoopies. Put the whoopies through the end, then put the ridge line on the Whoopie. Then pass the Whoopie through again. There's a video showing how to replace the ropes with whoopies. I just added the ridge line... It's not going anywhere. I tried a few different ways to hang it, but this seems the lightest and easiest.
    Do you have a link to the video... I have a SN and DN right now. I'm waiting on my Hennessy to show up.

• + New Posts