11'x72" 1.6 HyperD XL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    APEX TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies

polycro

I had a polycro groundcolth from gossamer gear a while back. It was super fragile stuff. I looked at the GOLD website but could not find if their tarps were made from a thicker plastic than what I used for a groundcolth....

I would be real concerned using this stuff as a pack cover or a poncho. I can see using it as a tarp in calmer weather, but I can't see the polycro lasting all that long in an abrasion prone situation....

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by mad goat View Post
    I had a polycro groundcolth from gossamer gear a while back. It was super fragile stuff. I looked at the GOLD website but could not find if their tarps were made from a thicker plastic than what I used for a groundcolth....

I would be real concerned using this stuff as a pack cover or a poncho. I can see using it as a tarp in calmer weather, but I can't see the polycro lasting all that long in an abrasion prone situation....
    I just made up a poncho with cowl-type hood. It's only 2.8 ounces but I think that you're right, mad goat, it's pretty fragile stuff. I'll test it out since it's already made.

Got a 5x5' emergency solar water still and wood pile cover out of the rest of that piece, leaving 17 feet, the rest of a clearance item that cost only $7 at Wal-Mart.

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Images
    Old thread I know but...

Does anyone know if this is the same stuff as the LiteTrail Nylobarrier bags are made of?

Hammock
    Eno doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings
    I wish there was more interest in this subject, I think this is the next breakthrough in hammock camping.

Imagine what a light, clear, water proof, & tough tarp could do for this industry! Just the visibility factor is mind blowing! Instead of hiding under the tarp without a view we could now see the beautiful and awesome creation around us!! I see only two negatives which is the ability to not change clothes without being seen and the possibility it would heat up the space underneath, which to me is a positive cause I hammock in the fall & winter.

I challenge the hammock cottage industry to begin to research this type of tarp! I believe there would be a HUGE DEMAND for this tarp.

I would rather have this type of tarp than the incredible light Cuban tarp!

So....who is up for the challenge???

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12