ridgerunner
    Tarp
    custom HG
    Insulation
    homebrew tq, exped
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

polycro

I had a polycro groundcolth from gossamer gear a while back. It was super fragile stuff. I looked at the GOLD website but could not find if their tarps were made from a thicker plastic than what I used for a groundcolth....

I would be real concerned using this stuff as a pack cover or a poncho. I can see using it as a tarp in calmer weather, but I can't see the polycro lasting all that long in an abrasion prone situation....

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by mad goat View Post
    I had a polycro groundcolth from gossamer gear a while back. It was super fragile stuff. I looked at the GOLD website but could not find if their tarps were made from a thicker plastic than what I used for a groundcolth....

I would be real concerned using this stuff as a pack cover or a poncho. I can see using it as a tarp in calmer weather, but I can't see the polycro lasting all that long in an abrasion prone situation....
    I just made up a poncho with cowl-type hood. It's only 2.8 ounces but I think that you're right, mad goat, it's pretty fragile stuff. I'll test it out since it's already made.

Got a 5x5' emergency solar water still and wood pile cover out of the rest of that piece, leaving 17 feet, the rest of a clearance item that cost only $7 at Wal-Mart.

Mike

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. (Luke 5:16 NIV)

He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 ESV)

While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3 ESV)

Images
    Old thread I know but...

Does anyone know if this is the same stuff as the LiteTrail Nylobarrier bags are made of?

Hammock
    Eno doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings
    I wish there was more interest in this subject, I think this is the next breakthrough in hammock camping.

Imagine what a light, clear, water proof, & tough tarp could do for this industry! Just the visibility factor is mind blowing! Instead of hiding under the tarp without a view we could now see the beautiful and awesome creation around us!! I see only two negatives which is the ability to not change clothes without being seen and the possibility it would heat up the space underneath, which to me is a positive cause I hammock in the fall & winter.

I challenge the hammock cottage industry to begin to research this type of tarp! I believe there would be a HUGE DEMAND for this tarp.

I would rather have this type of tarp than the incredible light Cuban tarp!

So....who is up for the challenge???