Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I went back a looked again that dblhammock's hammock and read the thread and realized it was still using 3 trees. So some of what I said is unproven and maybe a bunch of crap until I get around to trying testing out some ideas or someone else fixes all the problems with hanging 2 from 2 trees.

Hammock
    home-made
    Tarp
    home-made
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwtt View Post
    You probably could. But I think it would be inferior to dblhammock's design in a few ways. The fist being that you'd flip it your partner abandoned you without warning. You would have to sleep banana style ( I'm assuming you referring to a gathered-end DIY) since you won't be on the diagonal. And in the method you describe, there is really nothing keeping the two sleepers from pressing against each other.
    I know that it would be an inferior option, I just thought that it would be fairly quick and easy to test. (I am referring to a gathered-end DIY.)
    I hadn't considered having to sleep banana style, which rather defeats the purpose (IMHO).
    I haven't yet made or tested a bridge, so while I understand the idea and definitely like it, I still think in terms of a non-bridge. -shrugs-
    www.Adventure-Some.com
    More Adventure in Your Daily Life

Hammock
    home-made
    Tarp
    home-made
    Images
    I was thinking about it during class (what else would I be doing besides designing hammocks during finance? ) and I thought that it might be possible to take a really wide piece of fabric and, using the gathered-end method, make a 2-person hammock.

I was trying to figure out how to make a version of dblhammock's double bridge, except for a regular hammock. If simpler really is better, perhaps one could take a really wide piece of fabric and gather one end normally. The other end is what makes it different. Create two gathered "ends" at the head of the hammock. This might be enough to allow two people to sleep in the same hammock, but keep them separated somewhat.
    (I'm sure it's not this simple, but it's a starting point.)

So far as I can figure it, there is no way that two people can sleep side-by-side from two trees without either a) sleeping REALLY close or b) having a spreader bar of some sort. Likewise, I don't see a way to use a spreader bar without causing some turbulance when one person gets in/out of the hammock.
    www.Adventure-Some.com
    More Adventure in Your Daily Life

So far as I can figure it, there is no way that two people can sleep side-by-side from two trees without either a) sleeping REALLY close or b) having a spreader bar of some sort. Likewise, I don't see a way to use a spreader bar without causing some turbulance when one person gets in/out of the hammock.
    I pretty much agree with you. I tried and tried to get the double hammock to work between two trees. The tipping/ displacement when one person gets out of a double hammock supported by just two points proves very hard to overcome. It actually seems worse when utilizing spreader bars. I gave up on it (for now).

i'm still stumped
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images
    I have a working prototype DIY knockoff of the Clark Vertex. Will be showcasing it in Adventures With Turk Episode 4. Uses 3 main support lines and a 2 pole or no pole tarp over two top entry hammocks with 2 ridgelines. Still tweaking a couple of suspension points but have managed to shave pounds off of the clark setup. We also solved the problem of getting 2 main support lines out of a tarp tent with only 1 door slit. Borrowed some concepts from warbonnet
    Webhost: www.ehko.info

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12