DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...

A friend for life...

This morning (my time) I logged on for the first time in a couple of days and saw some non hammock related threads. Not thinking anything about it I clicked on one. I immediately noticed the color scheme was slightly different so I looked at the subforum it was contained in...it was a subforum I had never seen before.

A few days ago I had mentioned on someone's thread (can't remember the topic or who) that I didn't really see the point of donating at the time due to an upcoming deployment and lack of Internet service underway.

I really did not expect or request in the least bit for anyone to do this, but someone made an anonomous donation for me I guess because now I am a donating member.

I am absolutely thrilled that anyone would be this courteous as to spend money for someone they have never met.

To whoever did this, pm me so I can know. Not to repay you, but anyone this kind, I want to be friends with and hang out with sometime in the piney woods.
    Cue corny "friends are friends forever" song...

For the non donating members, there are multitudes of information to stumble upon once having this status. If I weren't at work while noticing this I would be even more addicted to this network. I can't wait to get off work today!!!

Thank you very much to whomever did this! I will respect you still if you wish to remain anonomous, but I will never know exactly who to thank or who was so kind.

I am almost at a loss of words with this gesture. The only other reasoning I had for not donating was that I wasn't sure how long I would be active on the forums. It was only a couple months ago that I started thinking about it, and a couple weeks later was when I was told that I was deploying so i decided I would wait till I got back. Now I'm good for a while and will continue to contribute my knowledge until operational commitment gets in the way. Besides, some of us must protect our freedoms. that's why I do what I do...

Thanks again for all this forum does for me. This is a great "out" for the daily stresses of my life and I look forward to conversing with you guys on our lifestyle/hobby again soon. Fish out...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Btw I put this in feedback and suggestions so that all may see what a great group of people we have on here.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I did it! Now, will you fly me out to Guam to hang out and be friends?

No, it wasn't me, but whoever did that is mighty nice. Lots of nice people on the forum.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Haha good one. And yes there are quite a lot of great people on here, which is a good part of the reason I stick around. Way better than any other "social media"...I feel like I belong here.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    This is why I started hanging out at HF... Good people...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB &amp; Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

A friend for life...

Frankly, I'm not surprised. This is just business as usual here at HF

I like to think of the difference between non-donating and donating membership is like the movie, "Wizard of Oz." It begins in black & white, but when Dorothy lands in Oz, it changes to full Technicolor. It's a "Wow!" moment.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    I like to think of the difference between non-donating and donating membership is like the movie, "Wizard of Oz." It begins in black & white, but when Dorothy lands in Oz, it changes to full Technicolor. It's a "Wow!" moment.
    Great description of this place

Sounds to me as if it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Friends are great, right? Even friends who remain anonymous.

Hammock
    Clark UL
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    0*Burrow 20*Phoeni
    Suspension
    Whoopi
    I'm not surprised, good people here.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Fish <><

Welcome to all the forums now you have donating status. HF is a great place. That was very nice of someone to do this for you.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast