Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I've never stayed at a KOA, but their headquarters is about a block from my house.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    Modified Hennessy - Clark 180
    Insulation
    Clark under quilt

Stealth camp and hang in

I was a hanger when I moved to Florida & found myself violating the law several times by hanging on trees. It is against the law in Florida State Parks and in National Parks to hang anything from a tree.

When I got to Florida I packed up my camping gear and set out to outline the state on my motorcycle. Checked into Everglades National Park one evening and immediately hung my hammock and kicked back to read the park literature. I soon read, "DO NOT HANG ANYTHING FROM THE TREES!" I quickly packed my hammock and set up a tent and climbed in for the night. Later a truck's headlights hit my tent, and I heard two park rangers talking. "I'm sure I saw a hammock somewhere around here" one of the rangers said. I stayed in my tent. "Let's go look further down the road" the other ranger said.

I've been stealth hammock camping since. Actually, it has been great fun hiding out in the woods out of sight from the authorities. It has added a sense of danger to my hammock hanging.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Around the Motor Home groups KOA is known as Keep ON Adding. Everything is extra. OTOH they charge enough to expect a clean and well run facility. I'm glad they could accommodate your needs.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY also
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    experimenting
    Suspension
    slap straps pro
    Images

My first KoA

Interesting enough, both Clinch and Talbot island to the south have rules about hanging. At first I thought it silly but I hung on a couple pine trees last night and saw a bit of a rub on the bark.

I haven't gathered the hutzpah to stealth camp just yet but will someday to say I did.

Thanks for the info on the slings!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12