Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    What company are your poncho liners made by? I am thoroughly jealous! Great lookin stuff!
    Thanks Fish! The labels on both say they were made by Winston-Salem Industries For The Blind, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    Oh and enjoy the smoked butt hang. Ps. Don't hang your hammock over the fire; you don't want your hammock smoked too...
    No worries - Catavarie is the roastee.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paddles View Post
    Hey that's a nice looking set up. I need to get my 2 poncho liners and get mine done for the summer. It looks like you UQ fit we'll after I left Tuesday morning.
    Thanks Chris. I fiddled with the fit of both UQs and decided they will both need to hang from the Triangle Thingies to fit properly. My HH Explorer Deluxe is a lot longer than your ENO so I don't think you will have the problem.

We'll have to find another day to do some sewing together.

C

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by alrany187 View Post
    Did you cut the round piece from the liner or use something else? My wife suggested getting some quilted material from JoAnne's and using that in the bottom.
    We cut the length down and there was enough that we cut off my wife's that we were able to use that. We tapered from about the knees down to the diameter of the foot box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    We cut the length down and there was enough that we cut off my wife's that we were able to use that. We tapered from about the knees down to the diameter of the foot box.
    Wow! I like the look of the round foot boxes! I might have to steal your idea for the fleece liner and make one of those too. Don't have that trademarked do ya?

Chuck

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Quote Originally Posted by cbamos View Post
    Wow! I like the look of the round foot boxes! I might have to steal your idea for the fleece liner and make one of those too. Don't have that trademarked do ya?

Chuck
    Go for it. I haven't figured out how much room feet need to not be cramped but also not have a ton of extra room. The smaller of the two at 15" is plenty roomy for my size 9.5 feet.

If I remember right we took the diameter we wanted and added an inch for the hem. Then you need to calculate the circumference of that and add another inch for you hem going up the back of your legs. That will be the width you taper the bottom to. Take the width of the material and subtract your calculated width. Divide that by 2 and that is the amount you want to cut off each side of the bottom. From that point draw a line as high you want it sown together.

Hope that makes sense. I suppose if someone was good with Excel they could make a pretty calculator for this like the whoopy sling one.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Go for it. I haven't figured out how much room feet need to not be cramped but also not have a ton of extra room. The smaller of the two at 15" is plenty roomy for my size 9.5 feet.

If I remember right we took the diameter we wanted and added an inch for the hem. Then you need to calculate the circumference of that and add another inch for you hem going up the back of your legs. That will be the width you taper the bottom to. Take the width of the material and subtract your calculated width. Divide that by 2 and that is the amount you want to cut off each side of the bottom. From that point draw a line as high you want it sown together.

Hope that makes sense. I suppose if someone was good with Excel they could make a pretty calculator for this like the whoopy sling one.
    Got it. Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234