Sadly,this business has become too much for me to handle right now. I did not anticipate how many orders there would actually be at first. I have been self employed for the last 8 years, and as anyone that has been self employed knows, it really consumes your life. Well, as it turns out I just couldn't make enough time in the day to run my main business, spend time with my family, enjoy time in the woods, and run another business. After spending some time in the woods with a good friend of mine, I came to the realization that one of them had to go, and I was not willing to give up my family or time in the woods.

I would like to thank the many hammock forums members who supported my small business. It means a lot to me that this fine community of people are so willing to support the little guy. I can't wait to contribute the R&D that I did for my company back into this community through the DIY forum. Hopefully I'll be able to give back at least a small fraction of the support that I received from you all! Thank you!

Lastly, I wanted to write this post because over the last several months I've been in a prototyping phase with Dutch. Together we developed a few really great pieces of gear that I am extremely excited about. One of the last deciding factors for me to close down shop was the promise that dutch would be selling these new pieces of hardware to the hammock community. I am unsure of an exact date right now, but Dutch has assured me that soon he will be offering them. For now just know that there are some exciting pieces of hardware that the hammock community and DIY community will love! I gave all rights to the parts to Dutch and will not benefit from them at all. I just think they are such great parts that it would have been a shame to see them fall between the cracks and never be offered. I will tell you that there is not a more stand up, generous, and amazing guy than Dutch. I hope that when the new parts are announced that you guys buy him out of stock! Here is a personal thank you to you, Dutch, for all the support you gave me through the last several months.

Please know that this was a really hard choice for me, but it is a joyous one, because it frees me up to spend quality time with my wife and kids, as well as time in the woods.

Thanks again everyone,
Hikingdad