WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Hototo, your spoons are works of art. I make some that I sell to pay for goodies for the kids at out annual Florida hangs but nothing to compare with the beauty of the grain of the heartwood in that spoon. As you are probably aware by now working with wood can be an exasperating endeavor, the last 4 that I started ended up in the fire pit due to spliting and checking. But isn't it fun?
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps

Just my way of saying Thank You...

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Hototo, your spoons are works of art. I make some that I sell to pay for goodies for the kids at out annual Florida hangs but nothing to compare with the beauty of the grain of the heartwood in that spoon. As you are probably aware by now working with wood can be an exasperating endeavor, the last 4 that I started ended up in the fire pit due to spliting and checking. But isn't it fun?
    Thank you for the compliment, it is greatly appreciated. I have read posts of folks here singing the praises of your work. It is my understanding that you number your pieces?

With regards to carving, It is my yoga. When I'm cutting away, hours turn into seconds and anything on my mind just drops to the ground like shavings.. With all the pieces I have made, and I have made many, I never keep them. I try to, but I get too much joy from giving them away and seeing the happiness they create. I'm sure you feel the same way. I have an ugly scoop spoon I made when I was 13 that I still use today. And I mean ugly... But it has meaning.

PM me sometime, I have a few secrets to preventing splits, especially that dreaded heartwood.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images

Freely fiven infromation.

I thirst for infromation. i found this fourm thanks to THE SHUG and i stay because i feel there are good people here. Everyday i learn somthing new on HF and I love it. I have only been able to go to one group hang, and who would have thought you could meet someone on the internet and they are truthful about themselves. I know most people on HF are not scouts but all of the people on here live by the scout law weather they mean to or not. with all the crap and the dark that our socity has become " i see firts hand every day" HF is one of the ways i recharge my batteries, BACON is the other.

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hototo View Post
    Thank you for the compliment, it is greatly appreciated. I have read posts of folks here singing the praises of your work. It is my understanding that you number your pieces?

With regards to carving, It is my yoga. When I'm cutting away, hours turn into seconds and anything on my mind just drops to the ground like shavings.. With all the pieces I have made, and I have made many, I never keep them. I try to, but I get too much joy from giving them away and seeing the happiness they create. I'm sure you feel the same way. I have an ugly scoop spoon I made when I was 13 that I still use today. And I mean ugly... But it has meaning.

PM me sometime, I have a few secrets to preventing splits, especially that dreaded heartwood.
    I on the side am a merrit badge instructor for wood carving and would love to get hints from both of you that i may pass on to the boys and others in my area

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Why do I spend time at HammockForums?

Y'all are the only folks with the kindness to tolerate me.

Now, give me the spoon!
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    Community plain and simple. This is a great online community and even greater in real life community. I have met the most caring and patient people on here. It's why I keep coming back...and the advice is top notch!
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps

Just my way of saying Thank You...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyavmc View Post
    I on the side am a merrit badge instructor for wood carving and would love to get hints from both of you that i may pass on to the boys and others in my area
    Ill write up something official for you and PM it out to you.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    The people and depth of knowledge they are willing to share on most any topic.

Thanks for your most generous give away.

Hammock
    Darien UL, WBBB
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Woopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I have joined several forums. Forums in which betta fish owners get in fights over PH tester to forums filled with people writing elaborate stories about dragons and banana sundays. I can't think of a single one that remained above a degree of infighting and dehumanizing rhetoric.

This forum isn't like that. Here it isn't uncommon for the first blind, stumbling posts to be taken in hand and given a wealth of videos, stickies, books and articles. A confused newbie may return to a thread and find other members offering to mail them spare hammocks to try out. Even simple, often repeated questions are given respectful, thoughtful responses and support. A member isn't valued or judged by who they can pull down, but by how many they can hang up. Here the small business owners constantly improve their products and interact with their customers from all around the globe. Moderators halt disagreements with a touch of preventative genius.
    At hammockforums.net, everyone can elevate their perspective.

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon Double
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 11.5x14
    Insulation
    3/4 DIY UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS Whoopie kit
    I come back to this forum again and again because I almost always learn something new. There's such an unbelievable wealth of information stored in the forum threads and so many creative thinkers, more than willing to share their knowledge, it would be difficult not to come away with something valuable.

I also have to admit, I'm a little addicted to the PIF thread.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

The 50 State Project: Thread
    The 50 State Project: Table

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast