Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps

Just my way of saying Thank You...

My story begins where all others begin, at the beginning. I joined the HF family at the ripe old age of 40. I figured I would suck up what information I could regarding my ENO then move on... Little did I know what adventures lie ahead. I was immediately drawn in to a whole new world of hammock camping I never knew existed. I remember hearing about the wonder that is amsteel and thinking "this stuff must be magical"! Soon afterwards I was making my own gear, making new friends, and becoming more fascinated with the kinds of people that reside here on the forum. I have gotten more from this place than I feel I could ever repay.

As some of you may know I whittle on some wood from time to time. One of my favorite things to make is spoons. I always seem to come home 5 pounds heavier with all the wood I collect during my hikes. Some pieces have a bit of history, and some just catch my eye. Regardless I love carving up a chunk of wood and seeing what's inside. I have offered up a few on the PIF and thought I would give everyone a chance here to win both a Bishop Bag and a trail spoon.

Here's how...

Tell me what keeps you a fan of the site. Can be one word, can be a book, doesn't matter to me.

My entry would be the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of meeting here. There's something about this site that attracts the most amazing people.

The contest will run till Sunday at midnight. I will select a winner sometime Monday afternoon. Winner will be selected at random.

Here is the prize. A DIY blue nylon Bishop bag for your hammock. It is 10"x8" and has a brass grommet for running your suspension through. ALSO... although it is non-hammock related in nature, I am offering a ten inch hand carved spoon. Made from a walnut burl. Treated with mineral oil and weights in at a whopping .06 ounces or 18 grams without included pouch, with pouch 22 grams. Pouch is made from PU coated rip stop. If I forgot something please let me know. Mods, if I put this in the wrong place please move accordingly. Thanks for playing...

EDIT: I forgot to mention... Due to the high cost of shipping, this contest is limited to those bound by gravity of the Planet Earth. You are now free to move about the cabin...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364608985.685390.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609010.305706.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609024.161083.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609038.377036.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609052.229020.jpg
    Last edited by Hototo; 03-30-2013 at 10:11.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

• + New Posts