Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps

Just my way of saying Thank You...

My story begins where all others begin, at the beginning. I joined the HF family at the ripe old age of 40. I figured I would suck up what information I could regarding my ENO then move on... Little did I know what adventures lie ahead. I was immediately drawn in to a whole new world of hammock camping I never knew existed. I remember hearing about the wonder that is amsteel and thinking "this stuff must be magical"! Soon afterwards I was making my own gear, making new friends, and becoming more fascinated with the kinds of people that reside here on the forum. I have gotten more from this place than I feel I could ever repay.

As some of you may know I whittle on some wood from time to time. One of my favorite things to make is spoons. I always seem to come home 5 pounds heavier with all the wood I collect during my hikes. Some pieces have a bit of history, and some just catch my eye. Regardless I love carving up a chunk of wood and seeing what's inside. I have offered up a few on the PIF and thought I would give everyone a chance here to win both a Bishop Bag and a trail spoon.

Here's how...

Tell me what keeps you a fan of the site. Can be one word, can be a book, doesn't matter to me.

My entry would be the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of meeting here. There's something about this site that attracts the most amazing people.

The contest will run till Sunday at midnight. I will select a winner sometime Monday afternoon. Winner will be selected at random.

Here is the prize. A DIY blue nylon Bishop bag for your hammock. It is 10"x8" and has a brass grommet for running your suspension through. ALSO... although it is non-hammock related in nature, I am offering a ten inch hand carved spoon. Made from a walnut burl. Treated with mineral oil and weights in at a whopping .06 ounces or 18 grams without included pouch, with pouch 22 grams. Pouch is made from PU coated rip stop. If I forgot something please let me know. Mods, if I put this in the wrong place please move accordingly. Thanks for playing...

EDIT: I forgot to mention... Due to the high cost of shipping, this contest is limited to those bound by gravity of the Planet Earth. You are now free to move about the cabin...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364608985.685390.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609010.305706.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609024.161083.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609038.377036.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364609052.229020.jpg
    Last edited by Hototo; 03-30-2013 at 10:11.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Hototo,

Friendly advice,chatter and real friendship is shown on this site. We are from all over the world but share a common love.... hammocking.

We may not know each other by our real names but we know each other by our web names. We trust each other for advice,selling and buying items. There are often give aways and items traded. For the most part everything goes well. We care about each other and freely share our views, photos, videos and advice.

This is why I hang out here.

Thanks for doing something like this.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    All the great people here and I am constantly learning new things.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    4S cuben
    Insulation
    down
    I tune in cuz HFers spread positive waves. They're (ya'll) are diverse, well-informed and helpful. Quick to praise, slow to find fault, that sort of thing.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    that is an amazing piece of work!! Wow!!

the postman delivered me a cherrywood spoon today.

Hototo has some excellent craftsmanship!

Get in on this!!

it never ceases to amaze me the things I learn on here everyday....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Well, there are a few things that keep around. First and most importantly, the people. Old and new, I can always learn something. I also like to give back. If a question is asked, and I think I have an answer, I'll give it. I read a lot of threads, and just don't have anything more to add, so I just click off with no response. It's nice to watch others learn, as I have. Things are always changing, people coming up with new idea (grrr @ Dutch).......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    No matter whether we on two feet, two wheels, or on water....we all love the wilderness, and enjoying it from a hammock. I love the family feel of HF. Oh....and I can ask a dumb question and receive awesome advice in return
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Hototo I am pretty sure if you are looking for a variety of answers you may be disappointed. I believe that the resounding answer you will hear is the people. The knowledge, diversity and lastly the generosity here in the forums. I have found nowhere on and offline a better group of people who are more willing to help another guy/gal out.

By the way that is one fantastic spoon.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 3mX3m
    Insulation
    DD Hammocks UQ
    I enjoy the wealth of information shared by others on the site. Almost everyone seems willing to help and does so without attitude.

Hammock
    JRB, Clark ultralight, Hennessy . .
    I it's absolutely the great people that hang out here!!
    Along with all the great info and advice from those people
    Marti

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast