WBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ/ TB
    Suspension
    WBB Straps

XLC for sale?

I recently got into hammock camping. Im still using my first Hammock a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro. I really like it but thought it was time to move up. I pulled the trigger on a WWB but then heard about the XLC and "upgraded". My XLC is in shipping transit now and Im all excited about it. Still for me it was a big purchase and Im seeing a few up for sale with very little if any use. I guess buyers remorse is nagging at me due to seeing the XLC being traded off.
    I was just hoping to see why people were letting them go or if you like yours what are your thought and impression of them.

Thanks.
    "May your tarps keep you dry and your backsides remain warm." - mattblick

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL Snipe
    Tarp
    OES10x12catcutSpin
    Insulation
    Yeti,HG
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    I tried one at the Uwharrie hang and it felt great. I'm 6'4" and really like the extra length and the openness of the netting. You could contact TallPaul and see what he thinks since he had his several weeks. All I can say is mellow out and wait till you get to test it. You can always send it back or sell it here.

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter Six View Post
    I recently got into hammock camping. Im still using my first Hammock a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro. I really like it but thought it was time to move up. I pulled the trigger on a WWB but then heard about the XLC and "upgraded". My XLC is in shipping transit now and Im all excited about it. Still for me it was a big purchase and Im seeing a few up for sale with very little if any use. I guess buyers remorse is nagging at me due to seeing the XLC being traded off.
    I was just hoping to see why people were letting them go or if you like yours what are your thought and impression of them.

Thanks.
    I just sold mine, but I really liked it. I just like my ridge runner better. I wanted somebody to have it and use it. It is an awesome design and awesome craftsmanship in every way. It was a hard decision for sure... I put it up for sale last week and I took it down after 5 minutes!! LOL!

If you are stepping up from a Skeeter Beeter, then you will think that you have died and gone to heaven with the xlc.

I never had buyer's remorse, but I am having seller's remorse about right now.

ENJOY!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    WBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ/ TB
    Suspension
    WBB Straps
    Thank you guys. I appreciate your responses. Your probably right, Ill just mellow a bit. I know its gonna be a great hammock and Ive been daydreaming for almost a month waiting on it.

Thanks for insight halfastronomical. I look forward to it.
    I was thinking about a RR for my GF. Shes a side sleeper.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I'll think you'll see, as you hang around here for a while, that the folks on this forum like to try stuff out. Many forum members have multiple hammocks, and use different gear for different situations. A lot of times when a new hammock hits the market, people will buy one in the hopes that it will offer them something that their current gear doesn't already - or simply just to see what it's all about. Then when they get it, either they decide that it's better than what they had and sell their old gear, decide that it offers something different and add it to their rotation, or decide that it's not an improvement over what they have. In this case they usually turn around and sell it to recoup their costs - leaving them with the money to try out the next thing that comes along.

It doesn't mean that it's not a good hammock - simply that it wasn't what they were looking for. You saw the same thing when the warbonnet bridge hit the scene. A bunch of people got one to try it out. For the next month or two, there was a surge in people deciding that bridge hammocks were their thing and selling their old blackbirds, and also a bunch of people that tried it out and decided they still loved their gathered end hammock better, so they sold it.

It's the fun part of having so many options (and I suppose, for those folks, having the disposable income to blow on trying something out). Not every hammock works for every person and every individual style of hanging/camping. The good part is that people seem willing to pay close to retail price for lightly used gear around here, so if they have the money to invest in taking a shot, if it doesn't wow them they can re-sell it and make back most of their money.

In the end, rest assured. Anything that Warbonnet makes (or any of the other awesome hammock makers that serve our community) are great products, and you won't be dissapointed. Then again, if you decide it isn't quite for you, don't give up! Just put it up for sale, pass it on to the next person looking to give it a try, and try something else.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Yep, I agree with the above... Relax, mellow, chill.

I think you see movement between hammocks happening on here all the time. For example, I had a WBRR and it just wasn't for me. The WBRR was a fine hammock, and lot of people really like it. It just wasn't better than what I had, so I returned it.

The great thing about WB is they will take it back if it doesn't work out, or you can sell it on here.

I'm real happy with my XLC and won't be returning it

Hammock
    WBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    SnugPak UQ/ TB
    Suspension
    WBB Straps
    Thanks I appreciate the input. Im really looking forward to it and got a little nervous when I saw a few go up for sale back to back. Ultimately I know I did my due reserch and I know WB has a fantastic reputation. I just spazed a bit.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter Six View Post
    Thanks I appreciate the input. Im really looking forward to it and got a little nervous when I saw a few go up for sale back to back. Ultimately I know I did my due reserch and I know WB has a fantastic reputation. I just spazed a bit.
    Not to worry. And just think, in no time you'll have a bunch of experience under your belt. Maybe one day you'll be able to lay in a hammock once and decide if it works for you

• + New Posts